• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Terrible Day!!!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

NR, I'm sorry to hear about your loss. It's a tough deal. Be sure to hang a picture on the wall.

Horses012.jpg

I have a four year old filly off that sorrel mare-that sorrel is Hopsing's half sister and that four year old looks just like Hopsing but more dollheaded-hope she's like her aunt. Hopsing got her name from a habit she had till she was 4 or 5 of hopping over any fence on the place. She could jump a 5 foot plank fence with no trouble at all. It was irritating but a skill that saved my bacon in the bush-I was 9-0 after a bull when we hit abig dead tree fallen across the trail-it was about as high as her withers-if she ducked it I was dead meat but she just sailed over it-that was pretty cool deal-got everything unpuckered and kepot on after that bull lol.

I know how you feel I had a dun mare that got west nile this fall she had a foal at side.I had the vet out a couple of times and all I could do is watch from the house it was about 2 week's after my wreck sure makes a guy feel worthless she seemed to get better but in the end she died.

As far as it only happening to the good one's thats not true last year I had a 3 year old paint gelding that was a dink he would bite and kick at you.I had a friend breaking him he tore the heck out of his trailer he was plumb nuts they got him saddled in a round pen and he had a halter and lead rope on him he went to bucking real hard.He stepped on the lead rope and flipped over on himself breaking his neck guess he was just not meant to be rode.

Sorry to hear of the loss NR. You will never find another like her. Those that have never bonded with a horse will not understand the uniquiness of a really good one.

I am so sorry to read about your horse. What a heartbreak. We have a creek that is right off the property and have worried about that exact thing happening with one of ours.

So sorry to hear about your loss NR. I know how it feels when you have a run of bad luck, but things will get better. I lost a beautiful lil filly this fall and it was hard to take~!

Latest posts