• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Terrible Tyson

Help Support Ranchers.net:

rkaiser said:
Don't you dare put smut like this on a beef cattle industry site Mike!

What the hell is wrong with you.

Something is wrong with peoples perceptions of Tyson. When they moved the chain speeds up just to help the cattlemen up there, where was the press? That was one of the most charitable moves in modern history.
Poor Tyson, they never get any credit do they. :???:

Typical fear mongering blow it out of proportion crap from the union.

Brooks has one of the hottest housing markets in Alberta, workers don't buy there more because the prices of homes are out of line, and waiting lists are long to get a builder.

Shift supervisors have to schedule breaks so ethnic wars don't erupt in the hallways. Immigrants that work there form gangs and make the workplace unsafe.

Where is the proof of $200 a head profit? More like $65, where did they get $33 million in subsidies? More like shared $11 million with Cargill.

Randy posted that the Alberta gov't forcing mediation and stopping the strike was going against the company. Now it's the union that wants nothing to do with the mediation.

Are things ideal at Tyson Brooks? No, but then again who is forcing these workers to stay there? Very one sided propaganda on that site to say the least.

Shift supervisors have to schedule breaks so ethnic wars don't erupt in the hallways. Immigrants that work there form gangs and make the workplace unsafe.

Just wonderin Jason. Tyson is notorious for hiring immigrant workers. If immigrants are so much trouble, why is this the majority of the Tyson workforce?
Is it because of low wages? Etc.? Or what?

Oh? Only shared $11 Million? Poor, poor, people. What a pity!

I'm sure the truth lies somewhere in the middle. The union will sensationalize it the best they can, but there has to be something there for them to base on as well.

Sandhusker said:
I'm sure the truth lies somewhere in the middle. The union will sensationalize it the best they can, but there has to be something there for them to base on as well.

Sandhusker. It is no longer acceptable to give opinions on this board. If you cannot back them up with facts, keep them to yourself. This board is for debate, not offering opinions and such. I'm ashamed of you! :lol: :wink:

Mike said:
Sandhusker said:

Sandhusker. It is no longer acceptable to give opinions on this board. If you cannot back them up with facts, keep them to yourself. This board is for debate, not offering opinions and such. I'm ashamed of you! :lol: :wink:

You mean the facts according to ~SH~.. That boy could write an encylopedia of cut and pastes- could print it all on a matchbook if you left only the facts :wink: :lol: :lol:

Sandhusker. It is no longer acceptable to give opinions on this board. If you cannot back them up with facts, keep them to yourself. This board is for debate, not offering opinions and such. I'm ashamed of you!

Look at me!!! I can cut and paste and have SH to thank for that. But I won't use against any of you...yet!!!!
That was the best Mike!
Have a good day all!

Mike said:
Sandhusker said:

Dang, you got me! From here on out I'll stick to my usual practices of diversion, denial, deception, and discrediting. Sorry I blew up, my R-CALF clone turban is too tight - making me a little touchy. :wink:

Sandhusker said:
Mike said:
Sandhusker said:

Dang, you got me! From here on out I'll stick to my usual practices of diversion, denial, deception, and discrediting. Sorry I blew up, my R-CALF clone turban is too tight - making me a little touchy. :wink:

your inability to contradict anything I have stated with opposing facts shows how "factually void" you are to defend your position :wink: .....good luck

Mike said:

Just wonderin Jason. Tyson is notorious for hiring immigrant workers. If immigrants are so much trouble, why is this the majority of the Tyson workforce?
Is it because of low wages? Etc.? Or what?

Oh? Only shared $11 Million? Poor, poor, people. What a pity!

I also said no one was forcing them to work at Tyson. Tyson is likley the highest wage for non skilled labor in the Brooks area. Wages start at either $9 or $11 I can't remember which. After a 3 month probation most get close to $13.

Canada has the same problem America has, few natural born citizens want to work in a slaughter house because it is hard work.

The subsidy was on cattle owned that lost value. Tyson has a 35000 hd feedlot and those cattle were a liability at that time. At the time giving the packers the same subsidy everyone else got was the right thing to do. In hindsight with boxed beef going South they would have done just fine without the subsidy.

AT THE TIME the main concern was making sure they would stay on and help as best they could. They did take huge risks by killing way more cattle than they had sales for opening all the freezers up and renting all the cooler space available. They even had reefers in the parking lots to hold the beef.

Lots of that beef was sold as burger for a buck a pound at picnics to support the beef industry. They sold massive amounts of beef to those who sponsered these picnics at cost.

If the border didn't open to boxed beef it would have broke them, and the rest of the Canadian industry would have been close behind. As it was, they started to cash in, recoup losses and make enough to expand.

Many ranchers have cashed in buying cheap cows, but no one thinks poorly of them.

Using a union website to learn about a company is like asking Haymaker how to ranch in Canada.

Yes or a packer lover like jason how to ranch period. :wink: .............good luck

Many ranchers have cashed in buying cheap cows, but no one thinks poorly of them.

Big difference. Ranchers in general don't have a Public Relations problem and most are trying to feed a family instead of the CEO making millions each year.

If immigrants are so much trouble, why is this the majority of the Tyson workforce?

Answer -I also said no one was forcing them to work at Tyson.

WWWHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTT???????????????

OT: "You mean the facts according to ~SH~.. That boy could write an encylopedia of cut and pastes- could print it all on a matchbook if you left only the facts"

Oh yeh, another "OPINION" from the whiskey drinking washed up law man who believes that laws should be based on opinions, not fact, BY GAWD! Long live Judge Cebull even if his opinion cites the same mispelled words as R-CULT's position. Yup, you betcha!

OT'S MOTTO: "DON'T LET THE FACTS COME IN THE WAY OF A GOOD STORY, BY GAWD"!

I bet you wear your spurs to the bar don't you OT?

CHINK...CHINK...CHINK....CHINK....ONE TEQUILA....TWO TEQUILA.....THREE TEQUILA....FLOOR!

~SH~

~SH~ said:
OT: "You mean the facts according to ~SH~.. That boy could write an encylopedia of cut and pastes- could print it all on a matchbook if you left only the facts"

Oh yeh, another "OPINION" from the whiskey drinking washed up law man who believes that laws should be based on opinions, not fact, BY GAWD! Long live Judge Cebull even if his opinion cites the same mispelled words as R-CULT's position. Yup, you betcha!

OT'S MOTTO: "DON'T LET THE FACTS COME IN THE WAY OF A GOOD STORY, BY GAWD"!

I bet you wear your spurs to the bar don't you OT?

CHINK...CHINK...CHINK....CHINK....ONE TEQUILA....TWO TEQUILA.....THREE TEQUILA....FLOOR!

~SH~

Late one Friday in Dublin, a policeman spotted a man driving very erratically. He pulled the man over and asked him if he had been drinking that evening.

''Aye, so I have. 'Tis Friday, you know, so me and the lads stopped by the pub where I had six or seven pints. And then there was something called 'Happy Hour' and they served these mar-gar-itos which are quite good. I had four or five o' those. Then I had to drive me friend Mike home and o' course I had to go in for a couple of Guinness -- couldn't be rude, ye know. Then I stopped on the way home to get another bottle for later...'' And the man fumbled around in his coat until he located his bottle of whiskey, which he held up for inspection. The officer sighed, and said, ''Sir, I'm afraid I'll need you to step out of the car and take a breathalyzer test.''

''Why? Don't ye believe me?''

Hayseed: "your inability to contradict anything I have stated with opposing facts shows how "factually void" you are to defend your position"

Great statement Hayseed, but there is a couple problems in it's application for you:

#1. You have never presented an original opinion on anything of substance.

#2. When you have presented someone else's opinion as your own, you have been corrected repeatedly with the facts.

Come up with something original like, "Would you rather have the final offer or the highest bid". That's more to your level of intellect.

You couldn't even define "captive supply" after presenting an opinion on it.

Typical of an R-CULT follower.

~SH~

Latest posts