• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

test

Help Support Ranchers.net:

A

Anonymous

024_24.jpg

Hey, I might get this figured out yet.

Just thought some of you might like to see what it looks like out my window.

Ya, right.

This is from NE Nevada when I went throught there this June. Some think Nevada is ugly, but I beg to differ.

I might be able to post some pictures later of what it actually does look like around here.

Sure looks a whole lot prettier than Nevada in October! One and only time I was through there, and EVERYTHING WAS BROWN!

Yes, there's nothing like the Alberta Rockies! A place I'm gonna call home when I get older. This flat old prairie gets pretty boring.

Beautiful and certainly beats the wedding chapels in Las Vegas which is all I remember of Nevada.

This picture was taken I would guess to be within 1-2 miles of Faster Horses old stomping grounds.
Midwest1.jpg

This one is taken a few miles west of Oasis NV.
Wells1.jpg

Of the earlier pictures, the one with the wild roses in the foreground was taken near Starr Valley, of the East Humboldt Mountains. That is very close to Deeth.

The other with the ranch in it was taken north of Elko, and the ranch is called Rancho Grande, and it belongs to JR Simplot, I believe. The mountains are the Independence Mountain Range.

Faster Horses, the Rubies are just west of the East Humboldt's. They are terrifically beautiful too.

Stunning pictures!! Thanks a lot, Jake.

And also thanks for the picture of the Pine Ridge. You know, when I was growing up and my dad wasn't a rancher, I never thought about that country being good ranch country per sei. But since I have been older and more knowledgeable about ranches, I have appreciated it for being fairly good ranch country. I think the drawback there, might be water. Of course, these days, pipelines can contribute a lot to where water was scarce.

I remember when I was a kid, myself and 4 other kids that were the teachers kids, took off into the Pine Ridge. We found all sorts of things. A little line shack with peanut butter; a horse we caught and got on and got dumped, horny toads, and best of all a big resevoir full of tadpoles. Of course, all this took time and by then the residents of Linch had formed a search party to look for us. They found us at that resevoir in late afternoon. We had tadpoles up the ying-yang. We had found some buckets to put them in. One of the rescuers had a brand new Ford Station Wagon, one of those with the wooden trim all across the side (this was in the early 50's). Anyway, we loaded up in that new station wagon, tadpoles, dirty resevoir water and all. One of the kids slipped going to the back of the station wagon and resevoir water and flopping tadpoles went everywhere!! We were already in deep trouble and that didn't help our situation at all!

Just one of those things you never forget!!

Faster horses said:
Stunning pictures!! Thanks a lot, Jake.

And also thanks for the picture of the Pine Ridge. You know, when I was growing up and my dad wasn't a rancher, I never thought about that country being good ranch country per sei. But since I have been older and more knowledgeable about ranches, I have appreciated it for being fairly good ranch country. I think the drawback there, might be water. Of course, these days, pipelines can contribute a lot to where water was scarce.

I remember when I was a kid, myself and 4 other kids that were the teachers kids, took off into the Pine Ridge. We found all sorts of things. A little line shack with peanut butter; a horse we caught and got on and got dumped, horny toads, and best of all a big resevoir full of tadpoles. Of course, all this took time and by then the residents of Linch had formed a search party to look for us. They found us at that resevoir in late afternoon. We had tadpoles up the ying-yang. We had found some buckets to put them in. One of the rescuers had a brand new Ford Station Wagon, one of those with the wooden trim all across the side (this was in the early 50's). Anyway, we loaded up in that new station wagon, tadpoles, dirty resevoir water and all. One of the kids slipped going to the back of the station wagon and resevoir water and flopping tadpoles went everywhere!! We were already in deep trouble and that didn't help our situation at all!

Just one of those things you never forget!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: And I bet YOU were the instigator, FH! :D

Latest posts