• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Testing bulls

Help Support Ranchers.net:

RSL said:
Nice pics Soap. It looks like a nice lazy day...
I have always disliked halter broke bulls and lead broke bulls even more. I think the reduction in their flight zone can create some quite dangerous situations and bulls that are broke to lead have the whole flight zone thing ass backwards, following instead of moving away. This is a bad thing if you are trying to move a "normal" herd of cows.
I agree with the whole cuddling bulls or cows thing. Cattle are pretty big, and even an accidental flip of the head can be pretty devastating. I know some folks that have been hospitalized, paralyzed and worse. Attention is always a good thing and it is actually the only reason I ever recall yelling or being yelled at in a corral (mostly due to my lack of attention in my younger days). I believe the "WAKE UP!!!" call is universal in some form or another in potentially dangerous ranching situations.
" I think the reduction in their flight zone can create some quite dangerous....."

EXACTLY!! They are not my buddies or pets. I want to be the alpha dog--if I step in, they step back. I don't want them wild, scared or fearful. I do want a healthy respect and I want their flight zone to be maintained

Latest posts