• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Texas A&M Recruiting Problems?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Mike

Reaction score
•I don't have anything solid yet, but I am hearing we will struggle to get academic acceptance for current junior college commitments Logan David and Marion Grice of Blinn College because of tougher academic restrictions in the Southeastern Conference than in the Big 12. The Aggies are currently after SDE Darrington Sentimore (6'3 273) of Gulf Coast Community College, who recently visited College Station. We've offered 340 pound DT Mike Pennel of Scottsdale CC, and are pursuing current Tennessee commit Damien Jacobs. I remain hopeful we're just trying to build much-needed depth on the defensive line, but with Tim DeRuyter taking the Fresno State job, we may see a move to an even-front defense. This concerns me right now, because we lack the personnel for such a scheme

Sounds more like personal problems to me. The Aggies have "verbal" commitments from some great ballplayers and Sumlin is getting reassurances from a majority of them thta they will honor their verbals. Seems he's very well liked and the guys recruited will fit well into his system. 5 Star running back from Univ. of Oklahoma is coming to town as well along with a great new QB (still unproven in University plan) but great credentials also there to replace Tannihills. Aggies were very young this year so the nucleus is already there. Hopefully during off season they'll concentrate on football being 4 quarters of playing all out.

I think Sumlin will be a great improvement as the head coach. and I wish aTm well in the new league, but i think they will be mid pack straglers much like NU is in the big 10.....

jigs said:
I think Sumlin will be a great improvement as the head coach. and I wish aTm well in the new league, but i think they will be mid pack straglers much like NU is in the big 10.....

I agree with you jigs....but gotta start somewhere.

Texas A&M may not have the backfield tandem of Cyrus Gray and Christine Michael forever, but their future at the running back spot is still very bright.

The Aggies gained a big commitment from Oklahoma running back Brandon Williams over the weekend, according to GigEm247's Taylor Hamm. Williams has agreed to transfer to Texas A&M.

Williams was a five-star RB recruit in last year's class but had little impact as a freshman for the Sooners.

Texas A&M has another highly touted Williams joining its running back stable next year. The Aggies have a pledge from Dekaney RB Trey Williams as part of their highly touted 2012 class. Williams is the No. 13 overall player in the country, according to Rivals.com. and Dekaney just won the state championship in Texas' largest division running for almost 200 yards against San Antonio Steele in the championship game.

Blinn has a history of KSU players....Bishop, Kelly, and a couple Recievers....

Latest posts