• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Texas Farm Tours?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Allayfarms

Reaction score
Hello!

I'm not sure this is the best place to post this but any help is appreciated! My grandfather is retiring from Farming in the next few years as unfortunately his health is declining. It has always been a dream of his to go down to Texas (we are from Canada) and see the cattle, farms, shows etc. For his birthday this year we are going to surprise him with a trip down to the Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo. While we are in the state we would love to be able to take him around to some local farms and feedlots. I have been doing some research and the only place I can find that allows the public to visit seems to be King Ranch. The others I keep seeing are more so for people who don't have any farming experience or have never visited a farm, which isn't what we are looking for. Coming from a farming background ourselves I can understand not wanting to let just anybody come and tour your facilities, especially given the nerve of some activists these days! We have a tour booked with King Ranch but I am posting on here to see if maybe there are some others I just have not come across yet?

Again, maybe not the best place to post this but any help is appreciated! Thank you!

Hello!

I'm not sure this is the best place to post this but any help is appreciated! My grandfather is retiring from Farming in the next few years as unfortunately his health is declining. It has always been a dream of his to go down to Texas (we are from Canada) and see the cattle, farms, shows etc. For his birthday this year we are going to surprise him with a trip down to the Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo. While we are in the state we would love to be able to take him around to some local farms and feedlots. I have been doing some research and the only place I can find that allows the public to visit seems to be King Ranch. The others I keep seeing are more so for people who don't have any farming experience or have never visited a farm, which isn't what we are looking for. Coming from a farming background ourselves I can understand not wanting to let just anybody come and tour your facilities, especially given the nerve of some activists these days! We have a tour booked with King Ranch but I am posting on here to see if maybe there are some others I just have not come across yet?

Again, maybe not the best place to post this but any help is appreciated! Thank you!
Cactus feeders in cactus texus
Frionia feeders
Bar g feeders
Tour parts of the Chisholm trail

I hope this doesn't come out wrong, but I'm pretty plain-spoken, so...

Stay out of Houston. Houston is a third-world shithole and you don't need to be there. Additionally, the Houston stock show is probably the least desirable major that I can think of. Full of foo-foo citiots and slick magazine breed show and sale crap. And that's assuming you live long enough to park and get to a safe spot. Stay out of Houston.

You'll have to change your schedule a bit, but try the show at San Antonio if you're going to south Texas, anyway, and want something western. Or check out the show at Ft. Worth - it's always a great show. In addition, there are some nice museums on the grounds at the FW show - the Cattle Raisers Museum, Cowgirl Hall of Fame, etc.

Do what you want to do, but all of the urban areas in Texas suck just as bad as urban areas everywhere else. If you have to go through one or into one, spare mags are highly recommended. Did I mention to stay out of Houston?

Latest posts