• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Texas Feedlots

Help Support Ranchers.net:

cowpuncher21

Reaction score
I've been trying to track down some feedlots/stockyards in North Texas, but have only been able to find ones over in the panhandle. Does anyone know of any in North Central or Northeast Texas? Over around the Forth Worth area?

Thanks!

Here's a website that lists feedlots by state. Scroll down to Texas...looks like you can click on each one and get information on them.

Hope this helps.

http://www.cattle-fax.com/states.html

Thank you - but I had actually already found that site and a lot of the links don't work, and almost all of the ones that do are located in the panhandle.

can you think of any around my area? There are no ranches that need summer help and none of the feed stores want help right now

Even tho your not that far from us, I'm not all that familiar with the Waller area, and what's there. Best thing I can think for you to do, is go to the local salebarn maybe, and talk to some of the sellers there. See if they have any openings for summer help.

the worst part is the local auction house closed up the week i got out of school. Im gunna talk to my boss tomorrow or saturday and see if he knows anyplace that i could work. Ive put in a application to the local western wear/ feed store, and they seemed interested since they interviewed me as soon as i returned the application, but they have yet to call me

cowpuncher21 said:
Thank you - but I had actually already found that site and a lot of the links don't work, and almost all of the ones that do are located in the panhandle.

Most of the feedyards in Texas are located in the Panhandle. You might check the Texas Cattle Feeders Association directory, if you haven't already. Most of the lots in Texas are members:

http://www.tcfa.org/Directories/Fdyd.html

The closest one to Denton that I know of is at Melissa - that would probably be about 40-45 miles back east - just north of McKinney. They used to finish some light heifers, but the last I heard, they were running it as a growing lot for spots.

Stoney Point Feedyard
5376 FM 545
Melissa, TX 75454
(972) 837-2241
FAX (972) 837-2242
Mark Quinn, DVM
Robert Airhart, Mgr.
[email protected]

Texan,

Haha... I actually found that Texas Cattle Feeders Association website soon after I posted this thread. It does look like the lot in Melissa would be the closest. I also found one South of Fort Worth in Grandview.

What did you mean about that lot becoming more of a growing lot for spots?

cowpuncher21 said:
They were starting Holstein steers.

Texan said:
cowpuncher21 said:
They were starting Holstein steers.

Apparently, they've gone on to bigger and better things at Stoney Point. I did a search to see if I could find what they're up to now and found this recent article in Beef:

http://beefmagazine.com/mag/0401-holtstein-steers-international-growth/

Note to Oldtimer:

Be sure to read this. Not only are they evil Texas feeders, but now they are also "globalists." Probably "neocons" too. :wink:

Latest posts