• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Texas History

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Northern Rancher

Reaction score
I just read 'Empire of the Summer Moon' -it's the history of the Comanche conflict and the life story of Quanah Parker-one of the better history books I've ever read. Can a person travel to that Palo Duro Canyon country and snoop around at all?

Sure they can NR. Its pretty neat country too. The JA Ranch was located in the bottom of the canyon and most of it is still there I believe. Lots of neat history around there.

Stop by on your way down NR and I'll go with you. Let's time it so we can go to the horse sale at Clovis though. The salebarn there has about the best cafe I've ever eaten in.

Was looking thru some of the photos....and this lil dugout cabin sure does look like the one they used in the New "True Grit" movie.....!!!!

http://palodurocanyon.com/viewimage.php?image_l=00050l.jpg&description=Replica+of+Colonel+Charles+Goodnight%27s+Dugout&photoby=Stan+Crump

Yes NR its a state park. It's open to the public. We live 70 miles from there. Come on down ya'll!

Latest posts