• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Texas

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Sierraman

Reaction score
Down in the political forum, Texas has been branded a land of arrogant proud people. I would like to say that this is not right in my own way.

How much of Texas history do you know? If you were to take a class in it you would quickly hear about battles. Alamo, Goliad, Gonzales, San Jacinto, ....many more. Texas was fought for. Almost every other state was purchased or settled. No fighting for it, just gotten. See, there's more pride in something that people were willing to die for than not. Even today, the Texas economy is better off. And even though the cowboy has become more popular elsewhere, the cowboy and cattle will always be here. Has to be, because people eat. But the reason Texas is so well known for its cowboy life is because of the men who fought for it. Those were cowboys. The Texas Longhorn, too is stamped onto our history.
Parts of New Mexico, Colorado, Wyoming, and more were part of Texas at one time.
(So now, if a Texan ever again seems pompous to you, remember that maybe some take it too far, but for the most part, you've got someone living in a state that was once a country, fought for and that made the best decision ever, to join the rest of you guys in one big country called the USA.) I'm glad Texas is in the same country as the rest of y'all.

Latest posts