• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Thank you Katrina.

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Big Muddy rancher

Reaction score
Thank you for responding to my post about selling fat cattle at auction. It is always nice when somebody else steps up and show Sandhusker and Haymaker how out of touch they really are. Myself and a few others have been carring the load . The old saying" many hands make light work" fit this situation as the more of us the work to explain how the cattle business work to thses two the better chance we will succeed.
I understand your posittion on Auctions just as i respect the others have opinions as well. The great thing about this industry is our individualism and the freedom to sell our product in the manner that we are most comfortable with.

Don't worry if Haymaker starts insulting you as he is just a bitter old man that sits around all day cussing and drinking and none of us take him seriously any more.

Who is us,big dummie ?are you the spokesman for a group ?would you mind letting me know who they are ?
Why would I start making insults to a lady like Katrina that has proven my point? You would be well advised to listen to her,its a fact true price discovery is at the sale barn,sounds to me Katrina stated this pretty plainly........................good luck PS if Katrina proved a point ,it was the one that I have been trying to get in that canuckle head of yours for years :D :D :D big dummie,politician my skinny ass.And the only load you been carrying ,is the one in the seat of your britches,you can't even spell it much less carry it.

Us is all the people that have to constantly set you straight.

Did you say this?" No one but BMR,would even talk about selling fat cattle at auction,sometimes I wonder about you boy.............good luck[/quote]'

And did you say this? "No one but BMR,would even talk about selling fat cattle at auction,sometimes I wonder about you boy.............good luck[/quote]

And did you have to much to drink tonight? :cowboy:

Big Muddy rancher said:

Did you say this?" No one but BMR,would even talk about selling fat cattle at auction,sometimes I wonder about you boy.............good luck
'

And did you say this? "No one but BMR,would even talk about selling fat cattle at auction,sometimes I wonder about you boy.............good luck[/quote]

And did you have to much to drink tonight? :cowboy:[/quote]

So what's your point,that folks like Katrina have to market fat cattle at sale barns because they dont trust packers? ............good luck Mr Tam the politician :D :D :D PS thank you & your group for setting me straight/proving my point.

HAY MAKER said:
Big Muddy rancher said:

Did you say this?" No one but BMR,would even talk about selling fat cattle at auction,sometimes I wonder about you boy.............good luck
'

And did you say this? "No one but BMR,would even talk about selling fat cattle at auction,sometimes I wonder about you boy.............good luck

And did you have to much to drink tonight? :cowboy:[/quote]

So what's your point,that folks like Katrina have to market fat cattle at sale barns because they dont trust packers? ............good luck Mr Tam the politician :D :D :D PS thank you & your group for setting me straight/proving my point.[/quote]

Oh so you market your fat cattle direct cause you trust packers. :cowboy:

I dont market fat cattle,back ground them till they are 8 weight ,you know that as I have told you at least 1/2 dozen times.
This way I dont have to look at some beady eyed packer agent ............good luck

HAY MAKER said:
I dont market fat cattle,back ground them till they are 8 weight ,you know that as I have told you at least 1/2 dozen times.
This way I dont have to look at some beady eyed packer agent ............good luck

So you say you can sell fats by auction but you don't cause nobody does it. But don't want to sell direct and you know you will get taken by contracting. Gee Haymaker maybe you had better get that DOG CATCHER job with R-CALF so you don't have to compete with the real cattlemen. :cowboy:

What's your definition of "real cattle men" let me guess a canuckle head that wears woolies,partners with packers & claims to be a big beaver politician..................good luck

Big Muddy rancher said:
Better then being the DOG CATCHER OF SISTERDALE. :cowboy:

I already told you no dog catcher in sisterdale as I own all the dogs............good luck PS its my humble opinion dog catching is more honorable than politics,but that's something that a real cattle man politician woolie wearer from big beaver would'nt undrestand,so good nite big dummie,past my bed time.

HAY MAKER said:
Big Muddy rancher said:
Better then being the DOG CATCHER OF SISTERDALE. :cowboy:

I already told you no dog catcher in sisterdale as I own all the dogs............good luck PS its my humble opinion dog catching is more honorable than politics,but that's something that a real cattle man politician woolie wearer from big beaver would'nt undrestand,so good nite big dummie,past my bed time.

Ya you old geezers need your sleep. Make sure you put the dog out cause you wouldn't want to --- Oh never mind.

katrina said:
I'm feeling really special having men fight over me....But really guys it's no big deal.. :p :p :p

Katrina, do you happen to know how many fat cattle are sold at that auction in a year? I wonder is any other auctions besides that one and the one at Sioux Falls sell fat cattle in SD.

Does anyone else know how many fat are sold in auction markets across the nation in the past year?

Just wondering how many new auction markets will be needed if that law passes.

MRJ

MRJ said:
katrina said:
I'm feeling really special having men fight over me....But really guys it's no big deal.. :p :p :p

Katrina, do you happen to know how many fat cattle are sold at that auction in a year? I wonder is any other auctions besides that one and the one at Sioux Falls sell fat cattle in SD.

Does anyone else know how many fat are sold in auction markets across the nation in the past year?

Just wondering how many new auction markets will be needed if that law passes.
MRJ

Just think tho MRJ, how many jobs that would create and how many more people could afford to eat beef then.

Hi MRJ.
Nice wind...Whew........... :roll:
I'm not sure. I know that Winner has had a fat sale for 2 or 3 years. We go to Stockmans in Yankton. And it's a really good active sale. Lots of buyers from Laura's lean, Hot, hot drug free fats, to Cimples. A real good selection of fats.. The numbers of fats, I have no idea...guessing 500 to 600 on sale day.
At Stockmans you call and they must have a file, cuz they can tell you what you sold,quality and price. Nice people..

katrina said:

katrina I think you are special,and the nerve of a canuckle head trying to "BS" a pretty girl,tell em like it is Katrina,that alone makes you special :wink: being good looking dont hurt either.

HAY MAKER said:
katrina said:

katrina I think you are special,and the nerve of a canuckle head trying to "BS" a pretty girl,tell em like it is Katrina,that alone makes you special :wink: being good looking dont hurt either.

Okay Haymaker, that's enough of the flirting with Katrina. I'm the jealous type. :wink:

Mike said:
HAY MAKER said:
katrina said:

Okay Haymaker, that's enough of the flirting with Katrina. I'm the jealous type. :wink:

Yeah you never told me she was good looking when you were talkin bout that Tangle Ridge.................good luck PS where you been?

Latest posts