• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Thanksgiving Day pictures

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed

Reaction score
We had a fun day traveling a hundred miles to the ranch of Peach Blossom's sister and her husband. There were seventeen of us at the dinner table. The turkey with all the trimmings tasted mighty good. Thankfulness was in all of our hearts.

Themenfolkgolookingatcattle.jpg

After dinner, the menfolk go looking at cattle
Acoupleofusswitchedplaces.jpg

A couple of us switched places
Supernicesetofbredheifers.jpg

Super nice set of bred heifers
Pretendtherearethreeguyslookingatth.jpg

Pretend there are three guys looking at the heifers
PeachBlossomssistershusbandandme.jpg

Peach Blossom's sister's husband and me
Theladiesoftheevent.jpg

The ladies of the event
Onemoreclickofthecamerabeforetheyre.jpg

One more click of the camera before they are gone
Theboysdidboythings.jpg

The boys did boy things
Closeupofthebluerockshooters.jpg

Close up of the blue rock shooters

Fine looking cattlemen, Soapweed.

Couldn't help but notice you are a bigger statured person than the others.

Nice pictures. Thanks again for sharing.
Great looking cooks too. I bet you had a fine Thanksgiving meal.

"Boys doing boy things". Great picture caption. You are very good at that. And I can tell you from working at a newspaper sometimes it is a real chore, putting a good caption under a picture. You really have a knack for it.

Where were you exactly? I mean, were you still in Nebraska?
If not, where? Looks like nice cattle country.

We were still in Cherry County, south of Valentine, in some of the best cattle country in the world. These folks run a top-notch ranch, and have an outstanding herd of Angus cattle. They are selling all of their cows that are coming three and older at the Valentine Livestock Auction on December 15th. They are keeping a terrific set of bred heifers, and all of the calves born in 2005.

Soapweed said:
We were still in Cherry County, south of Valentine, in some of the best cattle country in the world. These folks run a top-notch ranch, and have an outstanding herd of Angus cattle. They are selling all of their cows that are coming three and older at the Valentine Livestock Auction on December 15th. They are keeping a terrific set of bred heifers, and all of the calves born in 2005.
Soapweed - Looking at the excellent phenotype of those heifers got me to wondering! :shock: Did you ask or do you know what the E - - - I mean, a - a - what - a -what are the average E - - Uh - Oh well.............Forget about it! I can estimate fairly close what their E - - -well, you know! :p

DOC HARRIS

Yep, DOC, the cattle from this ranch have way better than normal EPD's. They are very functional rancher-type cattle with good structure, muscle, and eye appeal. Anyone would be proud to own them. A lot of AIing to top bulls has been done on these cows through the years.

Latest posts