• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Thanksgiving pictures, 2011

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed

Reaction score
Cantbelievetheseareinmycorral.jpg

Can't believe these bull calves are in my corral. :wink: There are six half brothers out of the same Polled Hereford sire, and their mothers are related. I still have six months
to decide whether or not to turn them out with our Angus cows.
Mycowgirldaughter800x600.jpg

My cowgirl daughter
Cakingheifercalves.jpg

Helping to gather heifer calves to cake
Eatdonttalk800x600.jpg

Come on calf, eat. Don't just make noise.
Takingmydadforaride800x600.jpg

Taking my dad for a ride
Itwasabeautifulday800x600.jpg

It was a beautiful afternoon for a joy ride.
Heifercalvesoncake800x600.jpg

Heifer calves getting a pound and a half of 20 percent protein cake, and all the meadow grass they can eat
Bredheifersthatareforsale800x600.jpg

Bred heifers that are for sale
LaterinthedayoverlookingGooseLake800x600.jpg

Later in the day, overlooking Goose Lake
SunsettingoverGooseLake800x600.jpg

Sun setting over Goose Lake
GrandpaBob638x800.jpg

Great grandpa Bob
Andthetablesareturned.jpg

And the tables are turned
Thanksgivingdinnerisaboutready800x600.jpg

Thanksgiving dinner about ready to be served
Thenewestmemberofthefamily600x800.jpg

The newest member of the family
Animateddiscussions800x600.jpg

Several animated discussions running concurrently
Greenhorngranddad800x600.jpg

Greenhorn granddad
Greatgrandpashowinghisstuff800x600.jpg

Great grandpa showing his stuff
Abeardforatoolbelt800x600.jpg

A beard for a tool belt

Your cattle appear shiney and healthy Soapweed. I won't comment on your whitefaces as you already know my opinionated opinion about the polled kind. :wink: :D

Looks as though the newest Moreland made the rounds and you had a good family gathering for Thanksgiving dinner

Soapweed said:
Greenhorngranddad800x600.jpg

Greenhorn granddad
Greatgrandpashowinghisstuff800x600.jpg

Great grandpa showing his stuff

Two great pictures... One of the main things I always think Thanksgiving is all about- family and giving thanks for them...
And if you get stuck babysitting a couple of times, it'll all come back to you and you won't be a greenhorn anymore.... :wink:

Oldtimer said:
Two great pictures... One of the main things I always think Thanksgiving is all about- family and giving thanks for them...
And if you get stuck babysitting a couple of times, it'll all come back to you and you won't be a greenhorn anymore.... :wink:

Thanks, Oldtimer, but that babysitting project is just plain a scary thought. :) I am somewhat embarrassed and somewhat proud, but having a wonderful wife
who had a wonderful mother and two wonderful sisters, and myself having a wonderful mother and three wonderful sisters, I somehow was able to be a father
to three wonderful children without ever having to change a single diaper. At this ripe old age of sixty it's sure too late to start now. :oops: :roll: :wink: :)

Soapweed said:
Oldtimer said:

Thanks, Oldtimer, but that babysitting project is just plain a scary thought. :) I am somewhat embarrassed and somewhat proud, but having a wonderful wife
who had a wonderful mother and two wonderful sisters, and myself having a wonderful mother and three wonderful sisters, I somehow was able to be a father
to three wonderful children without ever having to change a single diaper. At this ripe old age of sixty it's sure too late to start now. :oops: :roll: :wink: :)

Oh, Soap, it's never too late.
And you can teach an old dog new tricks.
Just think of it as another adventure... :p :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Faster horses said:
Soapweed said:
Oldtimer said:

Thanks, Oldtimer, but that babysitting project is just plain a scary thought. :) I am somewhat embarrassed and somewhat proud, but having a wonderful wife who had a wonderful mother and two wonderful sisters, and myself having a wonderful mother and three wonderful sisters, I somehow was able to be a father to three wonderful children without ever having to change a single diaper. At this ripe old age of sixty it's sure too late to start now. :oops: :roll: :wink: :)

Oh, Soap, it's never too late.
And you can teach an old dog new tricks.
Just think of it as another adventure... :p :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Soap, looks like a perfect holiday, with all the family around. And I'm with you on its too late to learn a new trick now :) I like them about 3 yrs old they can tag along and talk to you.
I hope all you northern folks have a mild winter.

Pic. #11
I wish I could hear the wisdom and stories of a lifetime of experience -stored up behind those eyes.
Pic#15,16,17
Good to see a new generation set to carry on. Lord willing -and I'll bet He is- she'll have stories of a lifetime growing up, living, playin' and workin' around the Spearhead.

Soap, I disagree with Katrina. I think you have seen the light!! The Polled Hereford bulls should make some mighty fine baldy calves. Glad to see an open mind. Will check at bull bash to see how they are growing. Looks like you had a wonderful thanksgiving, sure was a nice day. :D :D

Latest posts