• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

That Wonderful EPA

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Mike

Reaction score
Approximately one million gallons of orange-colored mine tailings wastewater has spilled into the Animas River in southwestern Colorado, forcing several river recreation businesses to close and irrigation companies to suspend water delivery to hundreds of local farmers.

A team of Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) regulators probing contamination at the abandoned Gold King Mine in San Juan County on Thursday accidently released the wastewater into Cement Creek, which flows into the Animas River, EPA spokesman Rich Mylott said.

Most of the wastewater, which contains heavy metals and other toxins that can be harmful to humans and aquatic life, spilled into the creek within an hour, the EPA said in a statement on Friday. Though a lighter flow of contaminated water continues to flow into the creek, the agency has begun diverting it into a settling pond.

In an attempt to control the impact of the spill, Sheriff Sean Smith of nearby La Plata County on Thursday issued an order closing the Animas River to the public from the north county line (San Juan County) to the Colorado-New Mexico border in the south, according to a statement published on the La Plata County website.

Imagine the mega-fines and criminal charges had anyone else done that.

I agree,.. had this been BP, Exxon,.. or some coal company... the media and whole liberal world would be having a fit...

Faster horses said:
"accidentally"? I wonder.........

Yea it was accidental. But not accidentally stupid. It took a long time and a lot of work with the EPA to get that dumb.

The lesbian in charge at the EPA said they were very upset about it..........so they'll get a pass for sure.

NO accident, they did it on PURPOSE.

http://nation.foxnews.com/2015/08/12/letter-editor-predicted-colorado-epa-spill-one-week-catastrophe-so-epa-could-secure

jcummins said:
NO accident, they did it on PURPOSE.

http://nation.foxnews.com/2015/08/12/letter-editor-predicted-colorado-epa-spill-one-week-catastrophe-so-epa-could-secure
At first glance the general public will think this is a conspiracy theory. But knowing how underhanded this administration is, it makes perfect sense. "Never let a crisis go to waste".

Latest posts