• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

The 7 Canadian Calves

Help Support Ranchers.net:

If the USDA vet at the border says they went through her port of entry, then THEY WENT THROUGH. :shock: :shock: And they went through, when she said they did. :shock: :shock: :shock:

A couple of years ago, this inspector was being fussy about some little thing or another on some export papers, and the Canadian vet who was in charge shipping asked her "Why do you have to be so difficult?". That's all he said, and he didn't say it in a nasty way or anything. The result of this simple question was that he had to write a formal letter of apology for his comment, or else his export loads would never see the American side of the border again. I know a purebred breeder who when delivering bulls to North Dakota wouldn't sleep the night before because he was so scared he'd say the wrong thing and she'd turn him away.

This is an inspector who would let anything slide by her? NO. If there is anything that can be trusted here, it's the border inspection.

I would believe her word over any other person who could possibly have had anything to do with this. Anyone who wants to say they saw these tags anywhere else can go ahead and do it, but in my opinion they are lying.

As MR T used to say, "Pity the fool........"

This just convinces me even more that it's a publicity stunt.

I said, "If it's Dunseith". There are two places to cross the border. One has more cattle crossing than the other, and it's her crossing. She is the one and only inspector there.

Odds are very high. Very. I probably know who shipped them too, but since the CCIA protects privacy, it'll have to be found out through the grapevine. :wink:

The vast majority of the cattle in Manitoba are located west of Winnipeg, and in the interlake to the north. It's not that big of an area, and word gets around pretty quick.

Bill said:
Oldtimer said:
:clap: :clap: :clap:

I think SDSGA deserves an ATTA BOY for standing up for its member and getting him paid the money he was owed...To me that is why you belong to cattlemens organizations- to represent and assist you when you need it....

When your in a hole the first thing to do is quit diggin'.

Oldtimers post that brought this all to this site:
The South Dakota Stockgrowers Association (SDSGA) hopes USDA will take the necessary steps to remedy a loss of revenue for a South Dakota producer who unknowingly purchased Canadian feeder cattle, says SDSGA President Rick Fox.

An independent South Dakota feeder was under the impression, in November of 2006, that he had delivered U.S. cattle to a slaughter plant in Nebraska, but found out differently when the packing plant denied him payment on seven head of the fat cattle, says Fox.

So is he independent or a member of SDSGA?

What a stench from this whole affair.

I know it's been a tough day of backpeddaling for you OT and the Klan office has probably been giving you a cease and desist order but is he independent or a member of SDSGA?

Got me Bill-- He's a cattleman and his stockgrowers assn came to his aid...I'm sure they didn't check to see if his dues were paid...But being from up north there, I don't really expect you to understand that--Doesn't look like your associations have gave you much help, or care much for the independent cattlemen.....

Kato said:
If the USDA vet at the border says they went through her port of entry, then THEY WENT THROUGH. :shock: :shock: And they went through, when she said they did. :shock: :shock: :shock:

A couple of years ago, this inspector was being fussy about some little thing or another on some export papers, and the Canadian vet who was in charge shipping asked her "Why do you have to be so difficult?". That's all he said, and he didn't say it in a nasty way or anything. The result of this simple question was that he had to write a formal letter of apology for his comment, or else his export loads would never see the American side of the border again. I know a purebred breeder who when delivering bulls to North Dakota wouldn't sleep the night before because he was so scared he'd say the wrong thing and she'd turn him away.

This is an inspector who would let anything slide by her? NO. If there is anything that can be trusted here, it's the border inspection.

I would believe her word over any other person who could possibly have had anything to do with this. Anyone who wants to say they saw these tags anywhere else can go ahead and do it, but in my opinion they are lying.

As MR T used to say, "Pity the fool........"

This just convinces me even more that it's a publicity stunt.

Kato,

I know exactly firsthand that this lady USDA vet at the Dunsieth border is very strict. A couple years ago I went for a roadtrip with my mom who was selling a barrel horse into Montana. We got to the border about 8 am with all the documents and export papers. But the USDA vet made us unload the horse and she went over it with a fine tooth comb. Then she came across on the papers that the vet up here hadnt marked a lil white spot on the horses head. She made us sit at the border for three hours while she verified the correct information. She never offered an apology or nothing. I got to sit in the office of the American customs that morning and drink coffee with them. Even they said she was extremely evil.

I cannot see anything slipping past her. I heard she even catches the deer and other critters crossing the border at nite on their own and checks them for their documents..... :shock: :shock: :roll: :wink: :lol:

This is all a big publicity stunt but Im not sure who is behind it. Is the man who says he had these cattle in his South Dakota feedlot with the Canadian tags an R-calf member or supporter?

Who is behind the publicity stunt of Swift being unable to follow regulations? Was them not being able to identify a "simple mix-up" a stunt too? Who was behind the USDA taking two months to track Canadian cattle that crossed the border less than 24 hours prior? :roll: :lol: :lol: The long dark arm of R-CALF? :lol: :lol: :lol: I guess you're on to us, might as well confess. You see, Boogey-man Clan, R-CALF has a team of sabetouers, we call them the R-Team that is behind this. They snuck in Swift's yards and switched the cattle. Then they stole 7 head from the feeder so that there would be no nasty tell-tail trail of somebody else having the 7 extra. Brilliant, eh? Swift had no idea! One thing they added for fun that Swift isn't letting out - they planted 7 sheep with "CAN" painted on their sides in the pen! They were laughing so hard they almost got caught! Then, to top it off, they hypnotized the USDA investigation team with a little trick we call "The Groundhog Effect" where they wake up and do the same day's work for two months, never knowing they did the exact same thing the day before! They never make any progress! They would of been trying to track those cattle for 20 years if we would of let them! Look out - who knows what they may to do who next......... booooga booooga!

That would be the stunt where there was a problem with a cheque, and some spin doctor somewhere decided this could be capitalized on.

If it had been between two American producers it would have ended right there. No political advantage. Not worth the effort.

If it had been found out to be proven that they were really Canadian feeders that had slipped through the cracks, you can bet there would be statements in every media outlet in the country with the byline "R-Calf To The Rescue!" 8)

Latest posts