• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

The American Rodeo

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Dang it I wish. Spent the afternoon at a bull sale. Out choring now ahead of a front that isn't supposed to do very much except blow dust which it's done a fine job of. I really need to break down and get satellite TV.

I watched some and then went to Bible study. Came home and turned it on. Just caught the tail end but then they started the rerun. I got to watch it all up to the point where I had caught it when I got home. Hunter in the calf roping was a real thrill of victory and the agony of defeat story in just a few seconds. Watch 1.1 million run away.

We watched on both RFD-TV and Cowboy channel. So we have over 6 hours recorded since RFD-TV turned into a yellow screen after it was on awhile......so we changed channels.
Sorry you missed Sunday, BMR. It was on from 1 pm to 6 pm. Come for a visit and you can watch it!

I watched some and then went to Bible study. Came home and turned it on. Just caught the tail end but then they started the rerun. I got to watch it all up to the point where I had caught it when I got home. Hunter in the calf roping was a real thrill of victory and the agony of defeat story in just a few seconds. Watch 1.1 million run away.
It was the calf roper from Meteetsee WY whose horse took off after he tied his calf and went to get back on his horse. That was tragic for him. Makes you wonder why he did that. What a run he had going!!

We just the Cowboy Channel the first week of March. Watched a go-around of The American on Saturday and watched the Finals on Sunday. AT&T Stadium is huge! The "Remembrance" of Jim Shoulders wife was spectacular! Awarding the Champions was great as well.

Comcast, in our area, just obtained the Cowboy Channel and we are super, super glad we now get it. We are both huge rodeo fans, being that, years ago, I was a member of PRCA as a Team Roper/"header". Had a full-time job in electronics, so rodeo, and Jackpots, were weekend fun.

For awhile, we had RIDE TV, but ended that.

Last Saturday was three PRCA rodeos. Two rounds in Florida and a round in North Dakota. Florida rodeos don't appeal to me much at all, but both Luke Branquinho and Tuff Cooper were there and won a round.

We really wish the 7 yr. old little girl, in Barrel Racing at the Florida rodeo, wouldn't have messed up the end of Barrel Pattern and didn't qualify for the last go. She was so cute! She was crying as she was coming up to the gate.

It was the calf roper from Meteetsee WY whose horse took off after he tied his calf and went to get back on his horse. That was tragic for him. Makes you wonder why he did that. What a run he had going!!
I found out from a knowledgeable friend in Texas that either the crowd scared the horse or......there was a drone overhead and that may have scared him. The drone is how we could see from above, the arena at times. This friend said he saw a video of that calf roper petting his horse in the back after the run. He was interviewed and said something to the effect of "none of us are perfect. I'm not and my horse isn't. It wasn't our time to win. We've been a long ways together, this horse and me, and we'll just head to the next rodeo."
Imagine having that attitude after losing $1,100,000! What a guy! We will see more of him, I bet.

Latest posts