• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

The Bell Ranch

Help Support Ranchers.net:

leppy

Reaction score
For those of you who live close to the bell or know people who work or have worked on the bell maybe you can answer some questions for me.

I have been reading through the forums as well as reading online all the articles and things that have been said by Bert Ancell and others regarding the bell.

Seems like Jeffery Lane was a wonderful person...I get the drift that the ranch has not been turning a very good profit as of late...Rusty Tinnin was probably a better manager and maybe more dedicated to the bell instead of the many different directions that Mr Ancell seems to be going?.... How does Mr Ancell have time for his construction company as well as all the political type things he is involved in and still run a ranch of that size and do it well?

Why is it that the bell is leasing pasture to outside ranchers? Why is it that Mr Ancell is not so well liked? How do the cowboys feel about him?

A bunch of questions I know just get the feeling that something is not quite right out there on the Bell.

If you are so concerned - seems to me that you ought to ask the folks at the Bell rather than rely upon rumour from the rest of us.

They run their business as they see fit and we do the same with our own.

What happens there is none of my affair and probably none of yours either.

BC

i know nothing of what you are talking about, but i see the Bell Ranch is for sale......290,000 deeded acres for a cool $99 million. maybe you could buy it and run it as you see fit :wink:

99 million dollars! Shoot, Justin! You and I and Gcreek could float that! :wink: Soap could by himself! :wink: But downsizing to a little ranch like that would be hard for ya i'm sure! :shock: If you'll buy it, i'd be willing to run it for ya. :wink:

Justin said:
i know nothing of what you are talking about, but i see the Bell Ranch is for sale......290,000 deeded acres for a cool $99 million. maybe you could buy it and run it as you see fit :wink:

Heck yes....that's < $342 an acre, where else can you get such a buy.

I know them personally. I dont know where you got your chickenshit ideas from. The Bell seems to be doing fine. The are owned by a family that has the ranch as an outside business. Jeff was very well liked, and has been missed everyone. Maybe what ever Mr Ancell has going on could be setting himself up for the possible sale of the ranch and new owners operating it themselves. The ranch for sale is now about 250,000 acres as I hear. Some was taken out of the sale.

leanin' H said:
99 million dollars! Shoot, Justin! You and I and Gcreek could float that! :wink: Soap could by himself! :wink: But downsizing to a little ranch like that would be hard for ya i'm sure! :shock: If you'll buy it, i'd be willing to run it for ya. :wink:

sounds like a plan.....i'll run some numbers today and see what i can come up with. :wink: if Gcreek is willing, thats only 33 mill a piece. i'll be honest i think we'll need one more partner to get it done :shock: :wink: i'll get back to ya, as soon as my secretary has some numbers :wink:

Justin said:
leanin' H said:

sounds like a plan.....i'll run some numbers today and see what i can come up with. :wink: if Gcreek is willing, thats only 33 mill a piece. i'll be honest i think we'll need one more partner to get it done :shock: :wink: i'll get back to ya, as soon as my secretary has some numbers :wink:

sorry H, it doesn't look like i can swing it...thought for sure i could :roll: :wink: maybe Soap should just go ahead and buy it, then we can all work for him. i'll be the manager and you can be my half bright assistant :wink: :lol:

Justin said:
leanin' H said:

I don't know about this deal Justin, if we did decide to take this little sideline on our prospective manager would probably just want to disperse the cow herd and fill it up with goats and turkeys. :wink:

gcreekrch said:
Justin said:
leanin' H said:

I don't know about this deal Justin, if we did decide to take this little sideline on our prospective manager would probably just want to disperse the cow herd and fill it up with goats and turkeys. :wink:

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Broke Cowboy said:
If you are so concerned - seems to me that you ought to ask the folks at the Bell rather than rely upon rumour from the rest of us.

BC
Sure asking alot of personal questions-----We tend to what buisness we've got---not rumors !! :roll: :roll:

nmhighdesert said:
I know them personally. I dont know where you got your chickenshit ideas from. The Bell seems to be doing fine. The are owned by a family that has the ranch as an outside business. Jeff was very well liked, and has been missed everyone. Maybe what ever Mr Ancell has going on could be setting himself up for the possible sale of the ranch and new owners operating it themselves. The ranch for sale is now about 250,000 acres as I hear. Some was taken out of the sale.

I understand from the real estate agents that it has been put back in the sale and is now 290,300? Not ideas just hear say.. I don't know them and would like to think that everyone there is nothing but on the up and up.

leppy said:
nmhighdesert said:

I understand from the real estate agents that it has been put back in the sale and is now 290,300? Not ideas just hear say.. I don't know them and would like to think that everyone there is nothing but on the up and up.

Unless you are planning on applying for a job there or making an offer to buy it does it really matter what goes on at someone else's ranch?

Justin said:
leanin' H said:

Can I come Hunting? :p

gcreekrch said:
Justin said:
leanin' H said:

If Gcreek and Justin buy it we won't need anymore TURKEYS! :roll: I was thinkin' we could stock it with bikini models! 8)

gcreekrch said:
leppy said:
nmhighdesert said:

Unless you are planning on applying for a job there or making an offer to buy it does it really matter what goes on at someone else's ranch?

no not unless I am

talldog said:
Broke Cowboy said:

BC
Sure asking alot of personal questions-----We tend to what buisness we've got---not rumors !! :roll: :roll:

All right Talldog

Are you addressing this to me or to the person who started this thread?

Seems I already said what you repeated - so I will wait for your response before I comment further

BC

leanin' H said:
gcreekrch said:
Justin said:

If Gcreek and Justin buy it we won't need anymore TURKEYS! :roll: I was thinkin' we could stock it with bikini models! 8)

call me crazy 'H, but I think your wife might have something to say about your plans? :wink:

Yanuck said:
leanin' H said:
gcreekrch said:

call me crazy 'H, but I think your wife might have something to say about your plans? :wink:

i'll call ya crazy Yanuck....it sounds like a great plan :D

Latest posts