• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

The big 'D' and I don't mean Dallas

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Ben we figured if we could survive the first 3 months of our marriage and everything that happened we can survive just about anything.
We have.
Going on our 13th anniversary in the 12th.

kolanuraven said:
Ben Roberts said:
If the pioneers that traveled the Oregon Trail, gave up half as fast as couples do today, they would still be in St. Joseph, Missouri.

Best Regards
Ben Roberts

If you could ask them now...I bet some wish they'd stayed in MO!

from what I have seen of Mizzou, I think I would have braved the indians, the mountains, and the Pacific to get the hell away from there

jigs said:
kolanuraven said:
Ben Roberts said:
If the pioneers that traveled the Oregon Trail, gave up half as fast as couples do today, they would still be in St. Joseph, Missouri.

Best Regards
Ben Roberts

If you could ask them now...I bet some wish they'd stayed in MO!

from what I have seen of Mizzou, I think I would have braved the indians, the mountains, and the Pacific to get the hell away from there

Amen to that..The name say's it all Misery :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

I would certainly sign a pre nup. If any one finds and extremely wealty, beautiful, easy to get along with lady. Let me know. I am not too proud to say "I am not signing".... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey cedartop I got a great one for you. Divorced, 2 kids, alcoholic, drug user, liar, gold digging slut.
No wait she is dating our friend who is a complete moron right now.

Pre-nup if they marry? Yes!!!! Heaven forbid they marry!!!!
Or she would sell out his ranch, screw his kids over and put the money up her nose.

hey waidachickenpickenminute......I wanted to be the gold digger :lol: :lol: :lol: Sorry about my post's but I wanted to shed a little funny on what can be a real deal breaker for some folks. What some folks dont get, if you wont sign a pre nup sometimes is percieved you are marrying for the money.

I wouldn't get married right now with out a pre-nup. I am 24 and have built up a fair amount of assests since i started farming. Most of the woman my age have a negetive net-worth with collage loans an such. Some people just give up too easily and it takes both of you too make it work. A lot of people out there will be much more likely to throw in the towel if they can make some money as well as get out of whatever problems they think they are in.

We got married with one Andy, so it is a smart move on your part, no matter that others don't agree.

Sorry cedartop that position is already taken.

I used to think prenups were only for flakey movie stars and that solid folk wouldn't need or want one. But now we know two couples (early 60s) who have filed for D due to unexpected health problems- one husband had a biking accident and hasn't been right in the head since- he moved to another state but accuses his wife (who still lives at home) of leaving HIM! That's how mixed up he is.
In the other couple, the husb. has become paranoid which seems to be a genetic disorder because his father and older brother also became paranoid around the same age. He kicked his wife out though she is a very kind and dear person then would not split the assets fairly or reasonably.

Had they had a prenup it might have saved a lot of grief.

nd said:
My soon to be ex-wife is filing for divorce. She said she is going to be fair. How is this for fair-the $3000 bulls I bought, she and her lawyer think I can sell for $3000. Thats some expensive yearling bull hamburger. There is alot of other stuff that isn't fair at all. I guess this is what I get for working 80 hours a week to give her a great lifestyle including a boyfriend on the side. She always said she appreciated my hard work ethic. I guess that translates to get those assets up so I can have a bigger half. Single ranchers- beware- never marry a spouse without an ag. background!

Betrayal can be the worst thing another person can do to another. Don't give up on the person you are, what you believe in, just because this one
treated you badly. There are many twists and curves in life, and I am sure in time, you will come out of this A-OK.

no ag background, here.....left the ranch with my car, my clothes and my boys!! :cry: He kept the herd, the 5 horses, 2 trucks, 2 4-wheelers and the flatbed trailor!! I am lucky to still be on my feet!! Sorry to hear the bad luck, nd!! Sure hope you manage to get back on YOUR feet!!! My prayers for you!! :wink:

Jeannie said:
nd said:
Single ranchers- beware- never marry a spouse without an ag. background!

When it comes to spouses, an ag background isn't nearly as important as staying power, commitment, strength, and ethics - and that goes both ways. I sure don't mean to kick you when your down, but from the sounds of things, it kind of sounds like you got caught up in the surface stuff and just didn't look deep enough. My mother was a city girl, and she has been my fathers #1 supporter for better than 60 years now. They have been through hard times, good times, infidelity, the death of a child, and many, many other things as well. I know too many other couples with the same kind of relationship, and the same kinds of problems to believe that an ag background is the key. The key is the individual person. :wink:
Iluvherefords - I honestly believe that if a prenuptial agreement is required, then you have married the wrong person. I would never sign one, nor would I ask my partner to sign one.

Yes I totally agree, But I would be willing to sign a pre -nup with the right rancher as a show of faith on my part.

i don't believe hormones and a ag-background have anything in common.

if i had to live it all over agan,i would concentrate working on 80 hours in the bedroom to give her a better lifestyle.

darn,i still miss my cattle!

nette said:
Jeannie said:
nd said:
Single ranchers- beware- never marry a spouse without an ag. background!

When it comes to spouses, an ag background isn't nearly as important as staying power, commitment, strength, and ethics - and that goes both ways. I sure don't mean to kick you when your down, but from the sounds of things, it kind of sounds like you got caught up in the surface stuff and just didn't look deep enough. My mother was a city girl, and she has been my fathers #1 supporter for better than 60 years now. They have been through hard times, good times, infidelity, the death of a child, and many, many other things as well. I know too many other couples with the same kind of relationship, and the same kinds of problems to believe that an ag background is the key. The key is the individual person. :wink:
Iluvherefords - I honestly believe that if a prenuptial agreement is required, then you have married the wrong person. I would never sign one, nor would I ask my partner to sign one.

Yes I totally agree, But I would be willing to sign a pre -nup with the right rancher as a show of faith on my part.

This one comes with a wicked sense of humor!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

everytime i see a double wide mobile home going down the road,i think yep another divorce.and wonder which half belongs to who?

Ever time I hear Divorce I think SAD! I agree they are just to easy to get...but, in the long run mine was the right thing for me. I never turned away, I tried hard to keep it together..but, it takes 2 people wanting the same things.

Being a farm girl, I had a hard time finding the one that had the same love as I did, I thought I had it. Pre nups, I guess are part of the day and age...sadly things are not what they were even 10 yrs ago.

Good luck with the divorce, even when you try to do the right thing in one, you end up enemies and fighting. I took nothing from my ex that meant anything to him, but he sure took it all from me. FAMILY!

;) peace out and best off luck and hope that it all turns out better for you!!

I have a sister that is a good house keeper. She has been marry 7 times and got the house each time. We don't talk any, because I don't want my kids around her. She is married to a Ag. teacher that taught her and my two old sisters in high school. There is like 30 years differents in age. I think she is after his retirement plan now and not the house. :roll:

Hubby's cousin has gone through a divorce.
Ex-wife got the house, business, land and tried to get sole custody of the kids. Got joint custody.
she planned it for 5 years.

made all sorts of accusations against us. Tried to stay out of it.
at the end I could have drop kicked all 4 of them. Her, him and both kids.

when he calls I don't answer the phone.

Latest posts