• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

The Big Rodeo

Help Support Ranchers.net:

pups and bucks

Reaction score
Is anyone on here going to take in the Big Rodeo.....NFR.....in Arlington Tx.?
We are not sure that we want to go with all the mask BS going on....

Zeke is pretty good aboard a bronc and fun to watch ride. But us desert guys gotta hang together. The Wright boys are as fine as the Good Lord makes them and plumb sticky!!!!! My money is on the Utah boys to win the world titles in saddle bronc and all around.

We go the last four days every year. I have sent the money for our tickets. If they have already canceled Ft. Worth for next year, I will be surprised if they can have it.

According to Drovers and my County Extension Agent,
The Fort Worth Stock Show and Rodeo has been Cancelled.
I had heard about FW being cancelled last week. That really sucks for a lot of kids. The fear-mongering and cowardice associated with this crap has really been absolutely stupid.

As for us, we prefer going to Las Vegas for a WNFR. Then again, we like to gamble (some) and see Las Vegas all decorated for Christmas. Been there before and Vegas really turns out for the rodeo cowboy and I'm a "former" one (team roper).

The Great Western Stock Show & Rodeo in Denver was cancelled for this year (2021) and so was there very popular Indian Pow Wow.

It bothers us that these things were cancelled, but, at our age (early 70's), with this virus thing, we wouldn't have gone anyway.

Anyway, we now have the Cowboy Channel and can watch all rodeos "live" on Roku.

My wife has already had both of her Covid 19 vaccines and I get my #2 tomorrow. Hopefully, this summer, there will be rodeos we will be able to attend, including, for the first time, Dodge City, Kansas.

The Pendleton Roundup is scheduled for this Sept. 15-18. Tickets on sale now. I doubt I will go as it draws big crowds and at my age with vestibular problems, this can be difficult. I plan to attend all the small local rodeos especially the ones with our local tribes sponsoring pow wows.

Latest posts