• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

the Cornhusker family

Help Support Ranchers.net:

jigs

Reaction score
A little boy in a family of Cornhuskers is out shopping with Mom, Dad, and sister. He spies a ballcap with a KSU Powercat and puts it on.

"Hey sis," he says. "What do you think?"

His sister smacks him and shouts: "Take of that crappy thing! Go speak to your mother!"

The little boy goes to his mother, and when she sees the hat, she smacks him too.

"How dare you wear that piece of trash! Go talk to your father!"

Forlorn, the boy goes to his father, who also gives the boy a good slap once he sees the cap.

"Geez," the boy cries. "I've only been a K-State fan five minutes, and already I hate you Cornhuskers!"

A K-ST. Fan and a Husker fan had a rather bad auto accident. The cars were mangled badly, but miraculously, both only had minor cuts and bruises. As they surveyed the wreckage, the Husker fan says to the Cat fan, "You know, we both should of been killed. This really puts our little football spat in perspective, doesn't it? The Mild Cat replied, "Boy, you're right. Football really is nothing compared to this". The Husker fan said, "I think we should toast our new friendship" as he pulled a bottle of Crown from his wrecked car. He handed it to his new friend and said, "Have a good pull, heck, have a couple". The K-St. fan thanked him and said, "Here's to being alive" as he took a couple of long gulps. He handed the bottle back to the Husker and said, "Your turn, buddy". The Nebraska fan put the lid back on and tossed the bottle in the ditch. "No thanks", he said, "I think I'll just sit here and wait for the cops".

Okay so a Cornhusker is a football team? Whats a Sandhusker?
Sorry im not making fun of anybody. I really dont know? Football isnt very big up here :)

RoperAB said:
Sorry im not making fun of anybody. I really dont know? Football isnt very big up here :)

butt dart team?

:D :D :D :D Yowl!!!!!! That's funny!!!!!!!!!!!!
Okay.... Sandhusker and I will galdly take you all on in a game of bum darts..... Say ten bucks a throw..... Of course Sandhusker you can be the banker.. :D :D :D :D :D

I was an ag teacher in a small NE town. All of the students were die hard Husker fans. One day the class got into an arguement about husking corn. Some thought that it was husking, some thought it was shucking. So I posed the question, "Should the NE Cornhuskers then be called the Cornshuckers?" The discussion stopped there.

RoperAB said:

The Cornhuskers (Huskers) are the mascot of the University of Nebraska. I call myself Sandhusker because I'm a Husker fan who lives in the Sand Hills.

Don't pay any mind to jiggs. Kansas St. fans have suffered from acute Husker Envy for 40 years.

Sandhusker said:
RoperAB said:

The Cornhuskers (Huskers) are the mascot of the University of Nebraska. I call myself Sandhusker because I'm a Husker fan who lives in the Sand Hills.

Don't pay any mind to jiggs. Kansas St. fans have suffered from acute Husker Envy for 40 years.

come on...any body can be a fan of NU, look at all the good years they had..
I loved the Cats in the 80's....now THAT is a real fan.

although my deep hatred of NU runs true, I must admit I loved to watch the Cornholers back when Turner played... loved to see those fullbacks pound a hole all day long, never get a ball, then BOOM, the fullback barrels out for a 40 yard gain. I really respect Osborne, (my cousin used to work with him) but todays version of Nu is a joke. Callahan is a fart in the wind. And KSU will be the team to beat in the north soon......we are back on the rise to the top.

sorry if the butt dart thing was too rough, I was just being a smart ass, did not mean to force you out of the closet or anything.

Why the hate? We're known for our hospitality and sportsmanship. Sure, there are a few loud-mouths here and there, but we get the "classiest fans" award in every poll I've seen.

You must of been a fan to have loved them in the 80s!

We'll see what Prince does. I've heard a lot of grumbling by the players down there, but then you can't believe everything you hear.

most of the grumbling was from guys who started last year, then found out the new coach said EVERYONE had to EARN a spot on the team.

really weeded out the riff raff. I liked the approach

as for classy fans, I call bullshit! NU fans are arrogant, selfish, and holier than thou when winning, and almost as bad as Colorado fans when losing.
there are good ones, and bad ones on both sides, but NU seems to be the self proclaimed good fans every year.

biggest a-hole in the NU section is Jim Rose. his middle name needs to be massengill, he is a douche bag!

now, there are a bunch of NU fans I enjoy watching a game with, but from what I have seen at Manhattan, the bulk of your travelors are not these good sports I always hear about.

I got a link for ya... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bER2pDaYuM

So you beat us a couple of games. Congratulations. I watched your whole video, I picked up the announcer saying a couple of things like, "First win at home since 1959" and "First win in Lincoln since 1968". Strange that highlights and final scores of those games weren't shown..... :wink:

I beg to differ on the "self-proclaimed" comment. ESPN labeled us the classiest fans. Mack Brown, head coach of Texas, said the same thing - after winning in Lincoln. He was amazed that after Texas broke our 52? game home winning streak, we not only applauded Texas but a chant broke out for Ricky Williams; HEISMAN, HEISMAN, HEISMAN. How many schools do you think have done that?

the year Ricky won the Hypesman, we held him to 46 yards rushing.

NU has good fans, but the Solich years brought out the TRUE NU fans temper
when we won in Lincoln, and Bo Pelini called Snyder an asshole for running up the score, I was suprised at the reaction of the Husker fans. they agreed. said it was terrible to beat a team like that.do they remember the wins they had??? some 62 - 0 wins! now who ran up what?

all teams have bad fans to ruin it for the rest, but NU fans are the first to pop off with the "greatest fans" bull. perhaps in a bar in the middle of Nebraska, you guys are all classy. Come down to Courtland Kansas sometime, watch the Husker fans there. I will buy the beer, you just watch the "classy" fans. you will see my point.

see, now you got me wound up over the Huskers, when I need to be focusing on my Cats, we are probably gonna get a whoopin in Houston.

Sandhusker said:
RoperAB said:

I thought the cornhuskers mascot was a janitor with work gloves on..... :D

nonothing said:
Sandhusker said:
RoperAB said:

now that was frigging funny !!!

have you taken a look at the new blow up doll the call a mascot?? that thing reaks of homosexuality!!

nonothing said:
Sandhusker said:
RoperAB said:

You're somewhat right, we generally clean up the opposition.........

Jiggs, I'm not real proud of Lil Red, either. However, I was at a game in Lawrence a few years ago when he slipped on some ice and bought the farm hard. Everytime I see it now, I think of that and get a little chuckle again.

I really liked the old Herbie Husker...kind of a ag oriented down the Earth guy....but lil red makes me afraid to bend over.....

NU must be the only team with a blow up doll as a mascot!

can't you guys do a fan campaign to get it switched back??

sounds like Prince will be doing some changes to our uniforms next year....has me nervous, hope we don't look like Miami or Oregon!! I think our uni's are fine like they are, no need for change

lOL on the bend over deal...

Supposedly, Lil Red has won a bunch of mascot awards. I don't get it, but there you go.

Latest posts