• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

The daily dose, pictures from October 5, 2005

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed

Reaction score
Six tenths of an inch of rain last night sure settled the dust. Today was was cold and windy, with temperatures only in the thirties. High winds made holding a hat on a head a challenge. We rounded up far away cattle and trailed them home to process tomorrow.

Dressedforthecold.jpg

Dressed for the cold
Cowgirlincold-weatherattire.jpg

Cowgirl in cold-weather attire
Chophillsorcatstepsinthebackground.jpg

Chophills or "catsteps" in the background
Ahasbeensoapweed.jpg

A has-been soapweed, but still the pods are tasty to the cattle
Goingforthesoapweedpod.jpg

Going after the soapweed pods
Lookslikewevegotourselvesaconvoy.jpg

Looks like we've got ourselves a convoy

Ok, all this time I had no idea what a soapweed was cuz yer lil avatar pic is sooooo small. We have them thangs growin all over west texas but we dont call em soapweeds...we call em either yucca, or baregrass. (Learn somethin new ever day)

Soapweed-thanks again for the daily routine.Yep,I even had to get my carhartt coat out here yesterday as it was cool and windy.Shut down wheat drilling for the day to make repairs and check cattle. Well, I found a good size spring heifer bloated and a steer calf off from the herd kind of snotty and maybe a bit bloated - he did go find his mother,but are getting those two roped today and doctored. Now what would be causing this?Seem as if always lose a couple in the fall for some reason or another.I am going to continue checking other pastures this morning.

Latest posts