• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

The Deadwood Jamborie.

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Bob M

Reaction score
Soapweed came over yesterday and explained this "new look" on the bull session. I came to the idea that I had better post at least one message before Deadwood to qualify me to go. I am glad "nr" came up with the idea! I don't remember when you are coming, "nr". If you are in our area you would very much enjoy coming to our Tri State Cowboys and Cowgirls breakfast 7:00 a.m. Saturday, August 20th at Gordon, Nebraska. It is something we look forward to with enthusiasm this time of year. The men meet at the log museum in the park and the ladies in the city hall just across the street. The air is fresh with the aroma of coffee, ham, biscuits and scrambled eggs all done on outside grills. Cowboys from kids to 95 years old come with fond memories of those that have departed. The ladies have a great get together for their breakfast and then join the men for a memorial program recognizing those members who have "gone over the great divide" during the past year. It is followed by Western Poetry, stories and great western music by Billy Gibbons and his group.

The museum has a wonderful collection of memorabalia back to the days of the open range which hasn't been that long ago. You'll still consider us pioneers when you get here.

A parade follows the breakfast. Soapweed is taking a team and buggy to haul cowboys who want to ride in the parade and didn't bring a horse. An afternoon rodeo and evening entertainment follow.

It would be a highlight for us, and I am sure, for you if you can come. We invite anyone else that reads this to come and guarantee it will be one of your nice memories for 2005!

BobM

HI, BobM, alias HasBeen! We're deeeelighted to hear you're coming.
You're the 25th to sign up for Deadwood, and it will be wonderful meeting you in person finally.

(Guess I better call the restaurant again to update the number. Looks like our group will NOT be rattling around in a half-empty room. :D )
Will request an elk head just in case Northern Rancher makes it. Do you suppose they've nailed the furniture to the floor yet?

You all will have a wonderful get together in Deadwood!IF nothing else it is such wonderful scenery all over that area. I can't make it as we are getting wheat ground worked and will start drilling around the 20th of Sept. and have to get fall calves gathered in the next couple of weeks! My family and I were up there a month ago and toured Spearfish canyon-a must to see and we had a picnic at Roughlock falls. Wish we could attend,but no way can we get away.I have been keeping tabs on the cattle and husband & sons working on and servicing equipment.
HAVE A WONDERFUL GET TOGETHER!

Rowdy Ranch said:
You all will have a wonderful get together in Deadwood!IF nothing else it is such wonderful scenery all over that area. I can't make it as we are getting wheat ground worked and will start drilling around the 20th of Sept. and have to get fall calves gathered in the next couple of weeks! My family and I were up there a month ago and toured Spearfish canyon-a must to see and we had a picnic at Roughlock falls. Wish we could attend,but no way can we get away.I have been keeping tabs on the cattle and husband & sons working on and servicing equipment.
HAVE A WONDERFUL GET TOGETHER!
Hope the weather cooperates with your wheat ground work.
We'll miss getting to meet you, Rowdy Ranch, but will follow your trail to Spearfish.

Latest posts