• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

The dog got shot...

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Silver

Reaction score
Was over at Dad's the other day for coffee and his cowdog came home with his hind leg shot off. Poor little bugger just wanted help. We did the honourable thing of course and took him in. Good news is he's home now and starting to get around a bit. Bad news is that for the first time in his life he's been inside the house and he seems quite taken with 'inside livin'.
Anyways.... you see a deal like this it sure gives you a sour taste for road hunters.
I'll post a pic of him in the next day or so.

Have seen several dogs come into the vets office that was on the other end of our office building that for one reason or another had to have a leg amputated. They do amazingly well, better if it's a back leg than a front, but have seen them loose front legs and still do good. Most times the owners couldnt afford to pay for the operations, and the dogs ended up bein adopted.

We had a three legged cattle dog once who lost his hind leg after being caught in a coyote trap and having it frozen. He could chase cattle just as well on three legs as some do on four.

A good dog is a good dog. :)

I know of a scum who shoots people's dogs,cats and clubs porcupines at night-quite the sportsman-we had a dog who had her front lower leg shot off-she still does well-can swim,play fetch,seems to have adapted quite well-hope your dog has a speedy recovery-Lucky Llama

Had some nut shoot at my dogs in my field. They had just left the patio that I was sitting on and I was watching them when I heard the shooting. Fortunately, he missed - I didn't. I managed to put several .30-.30 holes in his car before he could get out of range. I tried to follow him in my truck, but he had vanished - probably headed back to town. My dogs don't chase cattle and stay on my property so I won't have them shot at by some nut. If I could teach them to use a gun, I'd arm them.

Lucky LLama said:
I know of a scum who shoots people's dogs,cats and clubs porcupines at night-quite the sportsman-we had a dog who had her front lower leg shot off-she still does well-can swim,play fetch,seems to have adapted quite well-hope your dog has a speedy recovery-Lucky Llama

You write familiar :???: Are you HAYMAKER????

Casa Paloma said:
Had some nut shoot at my dogs in my field. They had just left the patio that I was sitting on and I was watching them when I heard the shooting. Fortunately, he missed - I didn't. I managed to put several .30-.30 holes in his car before he could get out of range. I tried to follow him in my truck, but he had vanished - probably headed back to town. My dogs don't chase cattle and stay on my property so I won't have them shot at by some nut. If I could teach them to use a gun, I'd arm them.

YOu need to carry a missle laucher then you could get rid of those kind of people. One like the Iraquis know how to use......some ppl dont care about animals

Some people dont care about fences either, Had some idiots run though a fence and had 120 cow out on the creek. Took us 3 days to find them all. What a b###h. I abosolutely hate road hunters. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Latest posts