• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

The excuse of saving gas

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Traveler

Reaction score
Just got back from driving my '16 GMC 2500 4 door, long box, with a 6.0 gas, on a 2600 mile road trip. I had the boys replace the behemoth stock GM muffler with a straight pipe before leaving. They didn't split the exhaust or mess with the cat. The best that pickup had ever done for gas mileage on a trip previously was 13 mpg. The average for this trip was 14 mpg, with some headwinds, and pushing it to 90 mph at times. It did seem like it would wind up the rpms quicker than it used to, and it did run strong, for what it is. It was kind of loud, but probably less than the dual exhaust and cherry bombs we used to put on years ago. Didn't get ticketed for a noise violation anyway, and that's spending some time in Scottsdale, AZ. :lol2:

File this under "posts that don't really matter"........or "never grow up, never grow old."

It held together pretty fair for a big gas dinosaur. :lol:

Thanks! Had a good time. Some of my in-laws rented a condo for a month. My better half flew down. I couldn't get away for too many days, and was itching for a road trip, so loaded up frozen steaks and headed out. All good.

Latest posts