• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

the extent of my Christmas Creativity

Help Support Ranchers.net:

the_jersey_lilly_2000

Reaction score
Hadda brain storm to do this, a lil friend of Amanda's had a shirt similar, then I got crazy on the jeans as well as doin the shirt, Amanda loved em and won't hardly take em off.
2005-12-27-Amandas-Jeans-n.jpg

Pretty fancy miss lilly!!! Got a grand daughter about that size that would sure like it if I built her a pair like them.

And I love the look of that furniture you did on the right. Some day when you get a few minutes extra time, could you put detailed, step-by-step instructions on how you do that finish for those of us who love it but aren't nearly so handy?

Hey, lilly---got a girl who will be 17 in june and would sure LOVE a pair of those jeans and a shirt to boot!! HINT!! HINT!!! :wink:
Dang cute!! How'd ya do that, anyway??? :???:

Thanks ya'll!!! she sure likes em, and for somethin that was so easy I never dreamed I'd get the reaction I did from her.

The T shirt is just a plain Red tshirt, but it has seams down each side, then I got another tshirt, black, and cut strips 1/2 inch wide and 5 inches long. Along the side seam I took my scissors and snipped tiny holes, and I do mean tiny, just barely caught it in the very tips of my scissors. one hole on each side ever 1/2 inch. then take your strips, and poke em through, one end on one side of the seam, the other on the other side in the hole that's it's pardner(from the inside). then tie it in a really tight knot. I thought I'd probably hafta get a crochet hook or somethin to pull it through the holes but the holes stretch, that's why I say tiny tiny snip.

The jeans was easy and then again not so easy. I just took some denim 3 inches wide and the length of the jeans and sewed it along the outside leg seam. The tuff part is, gettin down in them skinny minny jeans legs with all that stuff without it ballin up. I seriously thought about takin the inside seam aloose so it would be easier, but it was a double seam. I ran about half way down the leg, then took it from under the sewin foot, and turned it around and started up from the bottom of the pants leg. Wheww, now that that was done, the easy part was snippin it bout ever 1/2 inch, then washin em to make it fringe.

Latest posts