• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

The good ole' days on ranchers.net

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Faster horses

Reaction score
NE WY at the foot of the Big Horn mountains
Tam posted a couple of recipes which made me think back to when we did
recipes and stuff on 'Fightless Fridays' around here. I did a search and
came up with the following:

(The thread started when Mrs. H was in a dinner slump and asked for ideas, back in 2010.)

Try this link, Mrs. H for some recipes we all shared back when we used to have 'Fightless Fridays' and we wrote cowboy poetry, exchanged recipes and shared a lot of comaradrie. Wonder what happened????

http://www.ranchers.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=994&highlight=fightless+fridays

Heck, Fightless Fridays was just a memory even back in 2006.

I did a search. Haymaker posted this:

I just seen this fightless friday post,brings back old memories when we usta tease fasterhorses on fridays,with stuff like ........hell Im tired of tradin cookie recipes ,or "lets get ready ta rumble ...

Guess that's what happened. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh, and I found this poem I wrote back in '05 which prompted Haymakers
Ain't It Amazin'

OT believes in R-Calf
Dis believes in Polls
I believe in Mineral
SSAP believes in Foals.

Liberty Belle believes in Country
Kolraven believes in Spite
Jason believes in Angus
While Mike believes in White.

Tibbs, Haymaker and Lilly
All hail from the south,
Rancher won't give us an address,
And Real Jake is in a drought.

We have our northerly neighbors,
BMR, NR, MR, Silver and Murgen names a few.
We have bankers and ranch wives
Without them, it just wouldn't do.

We read MRJ's informative posts
And Katrina shares as well.
Hanta Yo posts good recipes,
While TxTibbs has family stories to tell.

SaddleTramp gives us poetry
And JingleBob gives us prose;
Soapweed takes his camera
And films where all he goes.

nr fits right in with us
Chuckie helps us with our dogs.
Denny healed up from an accident,
And Macon keeps a log.

We have a varied family
Here on ranchers dot net.
We converse almost daily
Yet, in person, only a few have met.

----------------------------------------------

Interesting that so many mentioned are still posting. We miss the others.

Sheeseh.... Did I need that....How do youall know.... I wish I could remember the story about the tazer... I can't remember the older gentlemen's name... I know his eye sight was getting bad?? Who remembers?? Playing poker?? Ranchers net underwear...LOL Those was the days...

katrina said:
Sheeseh.... Did I need that....How do youall know.... I wish I could remember the story about the tazer... I can't remember the older gentlemen's name... I know his eye sight was getting bad?? Who remembers?? Playing poker?? Ranchers net underwear...LOL Those was the days...

It's fun to recall some of this stuff.
Like running naked to the barn to break a drought. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Some swear that worked!!!!!!!

Who's next in remembering something????

I miss bullhauler calling me Batshitcrazy...I am... I claim that name ....too bad some dont know that is my work identity not who I am at home and around friends.

MsSage said:
I miss bullhauler calling me Batshitcrazy...I am... I claim that name ....too bad some dont know that is my work identity not who I am at home and around friends.

You might have missed it but Kola came to your defense when FH "Lovingly"referred to you as "Batshitcrazy" in a post awhile back. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeap I missed it. Been researching CP soap making and doing my 6 months on nights .....
WOW that is a BIG change kola defending sage LOLOLOLOLOLOL I guess the older we get the more we realize old friends are even the ones we fought with all the time.

Yup and I remember before Macon got all of this sorted in Categories...used to be lines of comments...I haven't been on here for awhile...I think Facebook has changed some things in my life...I hope to be on here more often... :!:

Faster horses said:
Welcome back, Hanta Yo. We have missed you.
BTW, I heard you and sw did something very commendable today.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :tiphat:

Well, she exaggerated several things that did not happen and I didn't know about the exaggerations until I saw it on Facebook. I'll let it slide if it will get more people to donate. Just don't tell her, though. It makes us look like angels and angels we are NOT! :oops:

There have been many good discussions and many fun ones, a pity some good posters have gone by the wayside over the years, but as in all things, change is inevitable and mostly welcome.

I was a bit of latecomer and sure have had some fun on here including being here on the busiest day ever. Things were really humming back then. I have however met many of you and likely will meet more. My kids say it is dangerous to interact with people on the internet. :wink: [/quote]

per said:
I was a bit of latecomer and sure have had some fun on here including being here on the busiest day ever. Things were really humming back then. I have however met many of you and likely will meet more. My kids say it is dangerous to interact with people on the internet. :wink:
[/quote]

You're likely okay as long as you don't mix wit them easterners . . .

:lol:

burnt said:
per said:
I was a bit of latecomer and sure have had some fun on here including being here on the busiest day ever. Things were really humming back then. I have however met many of you and likely will meet more. My kids say it is dangerous to interact with people on the internet. :wink:

You're likely okay as long as you don't mix wit them easterners . . .

:lol:[/quote]
Funny thing about that. Depending of course on my next major project. :!:

Latest posts