• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

The Houdini Economy

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Brad S

Reaction score
The Fed and the Statists have contorted reality in so many ways to deny a cleansing in the economy, but putting it off doesn't eliminate it. David Stockman (reagan's goon) posted this:"Caterpillar (CAT) posted a disastrous 16% decline in worldwide retail sales this morning, meaning that its sales have now fallen for 35 straight months. As Zero Hedge noted, not only did US retail sales finally rollover and drop by 8% compared to prior year, but the rest of the world was a veritable bath of yellow blood"

Cat sales have fallen for almost 3 years. Who cares if Mattel or Sony or ford have sales reductions, but Cat is the very engine that builds things. Stay tuned, it will be fun to see how Barry wipes this off on someone else.

Anyone else remember something about fundamentally changing the country? Or maybe it's just the strong dollar.....like beef exports. Either way, you know it all helps to save the planet.

only a fool would think poverty saves the planet.. when you have little to eat.. that endangered bird is usually supper.

now the difficult part is getting a liberal to understand that...

Will someone please explain Negative Interest Rates? That's what the big banks are toying with at present.

MO STOCKER said:
I think that means they are gonna pay you to borrow money.

I did a little research. It means you pay a bank interest just to hold your money. It's done in Europe now.

Mike said:
MO STOCKER said:
I think that means they are gonna pay you to borrow money.

I did a little research. It means you pay a bank interest just to hold your money. It's done in Europe now.

Well, by all means, let's do what the Europeans do. So many of their policies have worked out so well for them recently. Open jihadist immigration, for one.

I think neg interest applies to the bond market - you get back actually less that they cost. I gotta be missing something as to why you'd enter into that scenario.

Really, negative interest is what's going to happen when Barry finds out where your Ira is. He's already calling it "my Ira"

Brad S said:
I think neg interest applies to the bond market - you get back actually less that they cost. I gotta be missing something as to why you'd enter into that scenario.

Really, negative interest is what's going to happen when Barry finds out where your Ira is. He's already calling it "my Ira"
All out of fairness, I'm sure. You didn't make that.

Latest posts