• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

The last couple weeks in pictures.....

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Good fittings are worth gold but so are pumps and the fishing rig is that when the rope son rots and goes down. Seen one that way !!! New well there also thought may be that is a well drillers job security.

George said:
Mike I'm not trying to start problems but would'nt a pressure tank work better? I have (4) 20 gal pressure tanks on my well as I want the pump to run as few cycles as possible so I get an effective 40 gal of draw down before the pump come on then it runs for hte need and replenishes the tanks. I have the pump set to come on at 40 PSI and off at 50 PSI.

A pump takes 2 to 3 times as much power to start as to run and it puts torque on the well pipe at each cycle - - - I had never heard of these valves so I might have gotten along with just one pessure tank if I had know of them.

Use a cycle stop valve along with a pressure tank. The valve stops the water hammer when cutting on and off, and lowers the amperage when it's running. Makes for a smooth cut-on & off and many less of them.

I for one am glad there is a drought down there, in the comeing years there will be less calves so there will ba a greater demand for calves so the prices will go up.

AngusCowBoy said:
I for one am glad there is a drought down there, in the comeing years there will be less calves so there will ba a greater demand for calves so the prices will go up.

But isn't that rather a selfish attitude? :???: :roll: We have suffered under drought conditions many times in the past. It is a bad enough situation without someone taking pleasure in others misfortunes.

"There but for the grace of God, go I."

I know a guy that used to use an air compressor to pump his well, I was wondering if anyone here had tried that. He just ran his water line by way of a fitting he had on a sealed cap on the well. He then hooked his compressor to a fitting on the top of the same cap. Once air pressure was applied, water came at a great rate of speed. The process seemed very simple with no down hole pump issues to worry about.

I would think that would work but I'm not sure how safe it would be and I would think you would be pushing the water back into the ground as well as up the pipe.

I think if I really needed the water and had no other choices I would try it but only as a last result!

I wouldn't wish this on anyone. It's horrible. Drought is no fun whatsoever.

The yellow rope....yep it's a safety net. Tied to the pump. It's ski rope...so should withstand the water for a good long time. We've pulled our well here .....and our previous home in west texas that way.

Now to add to the drought...we now have a couple fairly big wild fires goin in the area. Say some prayers for folks in their paths....Trinity man is one of them. Last I heard he's havin a dickens of a time gettin home because of road closures in his area due to the fire there. We have one to the south west of us also. Several of our friends have had to evacuate with their horses and other livestock and just walk away from their homes.

On an upnote....we have 40% chance of rain Tuesday....60% chance Wednesday....and 40% Thursday. COME ON RAIN.....

Latest posts