• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

"The Last Cowboy"

Help Support Ranchers.net:

A

Anonymous

On Tuesday evening at 8:00 MDT, on PBS TV, there will be a program shown with the same name as the title of this post. It was a 25 year documentary of a cattle rancher that ranches on the Reservation in southern SD. I read a piece on the program in the Rapid City Journal, and it looked pretty interesting.

Maybe now that I posted this I will remember to watch it. :wink:

THanks for the reminder RJ, but I'm a little afraid to watch. Wanna see what your wife will look like in a quarter century, not me, I want to be senile when Michellope gets all old.

Cowboy's name is Vern Sager at Porcupine SD

http://www.rapidcityjournal.com/articles/2005/10/23/entertainment/news/news02.txt

jersey lilly,

Did you find someone to record this for you? It was OK, it kept my interest for an hour and a half. There is some nice looking country in that part of the world.

I got a few themes from the show that hold true about ranchers.

We would be fools to do it for the money only. :lol:

No matter what problems arise, ranchers just keep on forging ahead.

Ranching is hard to get out of your blood once it sets in.

No matter how you try, you cannot control others lives.

There, that was my Dr. Laura moment for the night. :wink:

Mother in law is supposed to "try" to record it for me...but I"m not holdin my breath since she's forever callin down here for the grandson to come help her fix some piece of electronic equipment. If she gets it done, good!! if not....it says on the website that it'll be available to buy.

good thang I didnt hold my breath. she "recorded" it...got the tape today......whole thang is a blue screen ................blank tape...
I got the phone number off of the website and will probably order the thing tomorrow. Shoulda ordered it today, I'dda got it a day sooner :?

Latest posts