• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

The little housewife buying the beef?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

SASH

Reaction score
My wife buys all the groceries. She gets her sale flyers and sometimes has to travel to 2 or 3 stores to get the best deals. We don't buy beef of course but it amazes me how far she'll go to save a buck or two on groceries. I don't get the job of shopping because apparently I spend too much. :roll:

I do all the grocery shopping when my husband isn't hauling wheat. Otherwise he stops at Walmart and shops for me. There will be weeks when I don't go to town when he is hauling. And like Sash he buys things I don't buy. I buy the staples and he buys Little Debbies, doughnuts and candy. It's like Christmas when he rolls in with his truck and grocries. Sometimes even flowers for me.

katrina said:
I do all the grocery shopping when my husband isn't hauling wheat. Otherwise he stops at Walmart and shops for me. There will be weeks when I don't go to town when he is hauling. And like Sash he buys things I don't buy. I buy the staples and he buys Little Debbies, doughnuts and candy. It's like Christmas when he rolls in with his truck and grocries. Sometimes even flowers for me.

Whoo-Hoo! Still got the old sparks flying eh? Just kidding, what does he want when he brings the flowers? :wink:

Mike said:
katrina said:

Whoo-Hoo! Still got the old sparks flying eh? Just kidding, what does he want when he brings the flowers? :wink:

Be careful Mike, I think you just told on yourself! :)

Our daughter married a gem who loves to cook AND foodshop. He came home once when we were visiting and was jubilant because he'd bested his Personal Best in foodshopping savings using triple off coupons etc. For him shopping is a competition and exploration. He'll try the new stuff that comes out (if he has a coupon) where the rest of us just sail down the rows picking up the usual trying to finish quickly. Guess life is a game if you want to make it one.

I do all the shopping in the house----grocery wise, anyway :D If the hubby is allowed to "freelance shop", he brings home such nutritious foods as potato chips, pop, beer, cheetos, canned chili, frozen pizza.....get my drift?? :shock: anyway, got a pretty good trade.....he sits down on the first of the month and pays the bills!! :wink:

Latest posts