• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

the loco yokel called a brand inspector!!!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

hometowngurl

Reaction score
What a surprise we got when we got our calves to the sale barn today. They told us when we unloaded that our brand was expired. Hubby and I looked at each other like how in the heck :???: :???: :mad: :mad: As the story goes, when we moved here two years ago, we sold calves a few days later and stopped by the brand inspector office to ask if we can leave our change of address with him. And he said yes, well seein' how he was so friendly we took him at his word. I also told him to tell Steve , the head of the Ne. brand board howdy, since he and I used to go to the same church when we were growing up. Now 2 years later that same brand inspector told us today that he didn't send that in, why didn't he just give us the info, so we could have done it ourselves. Any one else got a story on their brand inspector? He's kinda of like inspector gadget. :mad: :mad: :p :lol: 8)

Yeah I can match that..
Two weeks ago I took in some cows and bulls to sell. We loaded them up way before sunlight and I dropped Carter off at the high school and took them to the barn to unload. Got the guy, I didn't want to unload them with out someone from the barn being there. So we unloaded them, I gave him the shippers agreement. He looks at it and says you are one cow long on your agreement. You need to get another agreement for the one cow. Not being one to argue I say ok. Thinking that Roscoe had made a mistake. Get home tell my hubby the deal. He chews me out for not arguing with the guy, calls the salebarn and tells them that he has fed the cows all summer and is aware of the number that apparently someone can't count to five. Brand inspector calls and tells us that yes the shippers agreement is correct.
Everytime we try and do buisness there it is a headache. I told number 1 man that I would just as soon go elsewhere and he agreed.

Ya brand inspectors...Few years ago daughter wanted to try purebred Maine for her 4-h project local brand inspector lives 30 miles away raises Maines ,so off we trott to check his steers out,this is about Sept.around early May had lost a good cow,just dissapeared called neighbors ect,also called the brand inspector just in case found. To make a long story driving up to inspectors yard there was a bunch of cattle in pasture and in the middle of them was MY cow.He was pretty sheepish when I told him I recognised her,with my brand PLAIN as day on her side.Drove outta there with my cow,no steer though!!!!

Angus Cattle Shower said:
hometowngurl said:
Well baling wire, I was too p****d when we realized, that he hadn't done his job right. If he has a name it must be, "MUD!!!!" :mad: :mad: :p

Or as bugs bunny says it, " MUD spelt backwards is DUM"

Another terrible thought, a STUD can turn to DUST pretty easy, too. Sorry, just had to throw that into the pot. :wink: :)

Soapweed said:
Angus Cattle Shower said:
hometowngurl said:
Well baling wire, I was too p****d when we realized, that he hadn't done his job right. If he has a name it must be, "MUD!!!!" :mad: :mad: :p

Or as bugs bunny says it, " MUD spelt backwards is DUM"

Another terrible thought, a STUD can turn to DUST pretty easy, too. Sorry, just had to throw that into the pot. :wink: :)

No, Not in my opinion. I dun lurnt grammer an that dont werk cause you dun had ta switch the t an the s. seei gawts mahself a edji... oh i got smaht in skool. lol j/k. it dont work tho

Latest posts