• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

The morning's catch

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed

Reaction score
tallestwindmillontheplace.jpg

Tallest windmill on the place, eight foot wheel, 30-foot plus tower, seven joints deep
Spearheadheifercalves.jpg

Spearhead heifer calves
simmentalsilhouette.jpg

Sandy Simmental silhouette
sallywasagoodoldgirl.jpg

Sally was a good old girl
replacementheifers.jpg

Replacement heifers
redheifercalvesandmommas.jpg

Red heifer calves and mommas
lotsofwater.jpg

Lots of water
heifercalvesandtheirmothers.jpg

Heifer calves and their mothers
egretsandheifers.jpg

Egrets and yearling heifers
contentedcattle.jpg

Contented Cattle
cedarsandsunflowers.jpg

Cedars and Sunflowers
cattleandbirdsarecompatible.jpg

Cattle and birds are compatible
birdsoutofthebreeze.jpg

Birds basking out of the breeze
aprettygoodgate.jpg

A pretty good gate--it kept out most of the Sunflowers
handygatelever.jpg

Handy gate lever and short piece of chain on top wire, for carrying the gate around while on a horse

[/quote]Only 7 joints deep? Geeesh you guys in the sandhills can dig a post hole and strike water!
Some one told me that what a sandpoint was a device that could be driven in like a big post and you could draw water from it. How close to right is that?

JD

PS We can't quite do that around here. sometimes a steel fence post can be nearly impossible to drive.

Am enjoying your photo diaries......it's always interesting to see ranchlife in different locales! You always seem to have good quality shot's.....what type of camera and what features seem to work best for you? Looking forward to more of the Sandhills. Take care!

cowsense said:
Am enjoying your photo diaries......it's always interesting to see ranchlife in different locales! You always seem to have good quality shot's.....what type of camera and what features seem to work best for you? Looking forward to more of the Sandhills. Take care!

It's a little Sony Cyber-shot 5.1 megapixels, smaller than a pack of cigarettes. Since I don't smoke, my pocket has room for this little camera. If the truth were known, I probably kill a lot more time taking pictures than I would if I just smoked. :? :???: :)

cowsense said:

Soap also has an artistic eye when it comes to framing the shots. To my way of thinking the quality of the shot is more in what's behind the camera than what's in front of the camera.

I think I echo every one when I say thanks for the view of pure splender - - - I'm sure most of the time you feel the same way - - - it is easy to tell you love your work.

Latest posts