• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

The official start of summer

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Kato

Reaction score
Well, summer is officially here. We had our first maggoty dog at the clinic this week. :shock: :roll: :roll: :roll:

It was an old border collie who had developed an abscessed anal gland. This was not noticed by the owner because of the dog's heavy coat. By the time he saw something was wrong, the whole back end of the dog was covered in a huge gorey infected mess filled with maggots. :? :?

We seem to see at least a couple of dogs every summer like this, and it's right up there on the list of grossest jobs to do. They need to be shaved, washed, and treated, but they do get over it.

When we went out for lunch, we decided Chinese food was out. No rice for us.... :wink: :D :D :D

We had a Pyr that we caught just before this happened. She had a couple hot spots but the flies hadn't started yet. We still had to shave her.. Everytime we saw her for her topical treatment she would head for the hills... I thiink we shaved something like 15 pounds of fur off her :shock:

I shave my Aussie down every summer to avoid this kinda thing...and it's a lot cooler on them!

Latest posts