• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

the suffering in Lincoln

Help Support Ranchers.net:

txag said:
Don't feel too bad, Katrina. You guys should be able to win one Saturday.

btw......we'd be willing to give ya Coach Fran. :wink:

I read where one sports writer is labeling it the "Coach buy-out bowl"

Personally, I think Cosgrove has got to go now. I'll hold Callahan a little longer. We WERE making progress, can't deny that (in spite of some real bone-head play calling). It appears to me that D has been lost all year, have given up on Cosgrove and that has bled over to the O. They've got to be saying, "What's the use? Our D will just give it up". I'd fire Cosgrove yesterday, bring back Charlie McBride on an interm basis, and then consider trying to get Pelini back as head coach - he's already said both him and his wife liked Lincoln, liked the people, their church, etc...

During the " game " Saturday, I was driving up Hwy77 towards
the interstate(about the middle of the second quarter right
after I shut the radio off to avoid puking) I saw an old
Cadillac hearse coming into Lincoln. I couldn't help but
think it was headed for Memorial Stadium, to collect the
remains of the Husker Pride.
I too, bought into this bad joke, I was hopeful when
Pederson hired BC that the program would be changed for the
better. But I started having my doubts early in the first
season, when the losses started piling up. But I listened to
many in the Media who said: "give the man a chance to get
his personnel recruited", and I could not help but think at
the time, Bob Stoops didn't need 4 years, Pete Carroll
didn't need 4 years, why does Callahan. The seasons after
the first one there did appear to be a very small amount ofr
progress, but I was wary, and last year when we went out to
LA and the team was lackadaisial at best, I knew, this guy
can't motivate people. He's an x's & o's guy, maybe.
Even that is in doubt at this point. But he is obviously not
a motivator, nor are any of the others on his staff
apparently.
I knew there was more to Turner Gill leaving than just an
opportunity to be head coach. Turner, I bet saw the
emptyness inside this house of cards. He didn't want to be
around for the fall.
Going back to the botched hiring of Callahan, Pederson
never went after anyone worth having during the entire
search after he improperly fired Solich. No one worth a damn
would work for some one who fired a guy like Solich in that
manner anyhow. I damn sure wouldn't, and I wouldn't want
anyone who would to be coach of something as precious as the
Husker tradition. So anyone that the Joker hired, would be a
loser.
We all(the entire Husker Nation) have been forced to eat
the feces that this Joker named Steve Pederson keeps spewing
about. He stands before us and smiles that phony smile, and
tells us "things are going along according to schedule"(this
terd really doesn't stink) and the media listens, along with
many Husker faithful. But the truth always surfaces, and it
not only surfaced, but erupted over the last 2 weeks. Now
it's not even about saving the season anymore, it's time to
save the program. Will those in power step up and do it?

Katrina.....WHAT, may I ask, were you doing down Beatrice way? Were you checking with the State Home for the feeble minded if they had room for Callahan and his staff? I hope so.

I'm with Sandy....Kosgrove should have been gone last week.

I'm glad Callahan isn't worried about loosing his job. If I knew that every morning when I got out of bed I was going to bank $4800 that day, and EVERY day I was the Nebraska head coach, at a MINIMUM, I would be tickled, too.

More than likely, Callahan, Kosgrove, and Steve Pederson aren't worried about losing their jobs.

Instead, they should worry about being ASSASSINATED! :evil:

loomixguy said:
Katrina.....WHAT, may I ask, were you doing down Beatrice way? Were you checking with the State Home for the feeble minded if they had room for Callahan and his staff? I hope so.

I'm with Sandy....Kosgrove should have been gone last week.

I'm glad Callahan isn't worried about loosing his job. If I knew that every morning when I got out of bed I was going to bank $4800 that day, and EVERY day I was the Nebraska head coach, at a MINIMUM, I would be tickled, too.

More than likely, Callahan, Kosgrove, and Steve Pederson aren't worried about losing their jobs.

Instead, they should worry about being ASSASSINATED! :evil:

:D :D :D :D
I'm thinking more like any omaha park, late night and naked!!!!!!! :p :twisted: :wink:

That wasn't me......... It was from someone who just summed up my feelings and alot of others here in the nation.......
Sounds like they are all history.........
TO will be interm AD
try and get Frost and a couple of other coaches back and maybe go for Penilli........ We'll see!!!!!!!!

katrina said:
Where ya been???? And what ya been doing??? Was wondering about you a few days ago....... :D :D

Oh, I've been around. Waitin' to see whether you or jigs has to wear the opposing team's bikini. :lol:

Thought I'd share a couple of comments on an Aggie site about the Husker fans:

"The fans may be pissed about their team but they will be awesome and gracious to you and your group. I went with 10 Ags a few years back and went to some bar(forget the name) across the street from the stadium. Had a bite to eat and a couple of beers among the tons of husker fans before the game. I can't tell you how many of their fans walked up to our table and greeted us. Truly a great place to watch a college football game and enjoy the atmosphere!"

"Best place I've ever traveled to for a game"

"Nebraska's fans are the poster children of the Ideal College Football Fan. Love 'em."

"They might even saw horns with you during the War Hymn cause they tolerate us and hate tu"

"Even though I was wearing maroon, I did not ONCE encounter a student or alum that was ever even CLOSE to rude........What a great bunch of people. You'll have a great time in Lincoln"

Man it's not looking reak good for me....... Only thing I can say is that I've dropped 26 pounds as of this morning so maybe this bikini maybe a reality......... :lol: :roll: :shock: :oops: :wink: (When hell freezes over!) :D

Jigs, you're right, Nebraska does have a sense of entitlement, but they sorta deserve it. I need to get you and the other 50k KSU fans that "sat through the lean years" and find the real 15k fans. Sombody ain't telling the truth. I say people are generally about the same everywhere, win and they will come - lose and they won't. If Nebraska has some lean years (this year they are bad by NU standards, but they're not D2 bad) perhaps the waiting list for season tix may get shorter.

best way to weed out a KSU bandwagon fan...ask him who stan parrish is, and if they like KU basketball!

I like KSU doing well, but feel like now I have to share them with people who really don't "know" KSU.....

remember Futillity U ?

I used to go to Allen Field House when it was half full (only 2 years after Kansas got jobbed in the elite 8), but now after 20 years of sell outs, I must be mistaken about those empty seats 'cause everybody was there.

I say let it go jigs, KSU has a good thing going now, and the losses made you more appreciative. The festival situation at Snyder Bowl will perpetuate attendance through some bumps. What will really gauld you is when the new fans do something counterproductive like boo the home guys because they lack perspetive.

katrina said:
txag said:

Yeah your right there......... It's just football and collage at that... :oops:

Where ya been???? And what ya been doing??? Was wondering about you a few days ago....... :D :D

I'm not sure what's worse, Callahan coaching or someone from Nebraska not being able to spell destiny or college.

Work Hard and Study Hard said:
katrina said:
txag said:

I'm not sure what's worse, Callahan coaching or someone from Nebraska not being able to spell destiny or college.

Bite me!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Asshole......... I do know how to spell that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

katrina said:
Work Hard and Study Hard said:
katrina said:

Bite me!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Asshole......... I do know how to spell that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
well, you can sure spell curse words!!! :lol:

Latest posts