• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

The USA Big W's Return to my Backside

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Mountain Cowgirl

Reaction score
That is right! No 3rd world country or commie sweatshop Wranglers in my closet. I just got these hardly used vintage USA Wranglers from a Poshmark seller. I am slowly replacing all my jeans and tops with real USA-made garments, thanks to Poshmark. My only fear is I may be mistaken for a former team roper. SIGH!

W bk.jpg
W fnt.jpg

There are worst things than being mistaken for a team roper................ wait a minute I am trying to think of one of them..................... Still thinking. I just know there has to be something worse.

HOw much are they? I'll have to check it out.
Nicky, Poshmark is just folks like us selling off like new or lightly used clothes. Some are personal garments they have in their closet, buy-outs from stores closing, or maybe thrift shop or yard sales finds. I know a couple of young stay-at-home moms that make money shopping the thrift stores regularly and selling on Poshmark. They study what is selling and seek it out. Anyone can sell on there. It is amazing that the jeans from the 1980s are still around and in some cases never worn. Since sizing has changed so much, I only buy if the seller gives exact measures of the garment they are selling.

I was amazed that so many of the old heavy high waist cotton denim jeans are still available in excellent shape. Some of the old jeans in excellent shape are high priced because collectors buy them. I paid $37 for the Wranglers and that included shipping. They were made late 1980s to early 90s and no signs of wear. It was a lucky find. The old high waist heavy denim jeans were my all-time favorite riding jeans.

Last edited:
I had a pair of brown Wrangler cowboy cuts that didn't fit me anymore due to my nutritional intake. They were USA made from the 80s and I was saving them for my son to grow in to. My daughter found them and cut them up and made some kinda purse or bag out of them. Broke my heart.

Not to diminish your heartache, and more meant for sharing, this broke my heart:
We had a tornado on our ranch in SW Mt. We had 500 twisted, broken trees on the ground.
We love Quaking aspens. Some, not all, were Quakies.

Mr FH brother-in-law (I refuse to claim him) was working as a tree faller in the woods and he had a new chainsaw.
When he showed up with his new saw, he had plenty to do to cut up any of the 500 blown down trees.
Instead, he went to where my favorite bunch of Quaking Aspens were...26 in their own little group. I used to watch them get leaves, develop and grow, as they grew in the calving pasture and I was helping daily to feed and check on the calving cows.

Year after year, I watched those trees thrive. If you can love a tree, I loved that little bunch.

This jerk takes his chain saw and cuts down EVERY LAST ONE OF THOSE 26 standing Quaking Aspen trees!!!!
As if we didn't already have a mess! There was NO REASON to cut down those trees. There were fine, they weren't
in the path where the tornado touched down. His wife, my sister-in-law, tried to tell him, "you shouldn't be doing this.
He wouldn't listen. The damage was done when we discovered the sawed off quaking aspens. 😥

I haven't liked him since.

Hutterites are bad for buying new ground and cutting down caraganas. They need at least a section to turn around an air seeder. Can't have no trees in the way.

Latest posts