• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

The Values Of College Football Teams

Help Support Ranchers.net:

interesting, of the top 20 #1 most valuable is texas...when you sort by profit, Texas comes in last..... so, is texas all flash and no substance???

jigs said:
interesting, of the top 20 #1 most valuable is texas...when you sort by profit, Texas comes in last..... so, is texas all flash and no substance???
$71 million is by far the highest profit of any other school on the list and they also spent more than the others.

Without a bowl game........................................

my bad, did not look at the numbers, just assumed that by sorting it by profit, they would go top to bottom.... guess I had an "oldtimer moment'

jigs said:

The way I read it they are also the most profitable. Makes you wonder what the huge sources of income are that the others don't even come close to.

Don't know how other schools do it, but at Nebraska the Football program picks up the tab for every other college sport UNL offers, with the exception of the Rodeo Team. This includes the volleyball program and both basketball programs as well.

loomixguy said:
Don't know how other schools do it, but at Nebraska the Football program picks up the tab for every other college sport UNL offers, with the exception of the Rodeo Team. This includes the volleyball program and both basketball programs as well.

That's the norm. But there are teams that make big money off of basketball.

http://www.bizjournals.com/dayton/news/2011/11/17/slideshow-top-20-college-basketball.html

Pretty sure Kansas St. has a profit on basketball. Didn't someone here once claim that the Huskers paid for the K-State Stadium? :lol:

it is just big boy pride that NU was the top dog for so long, then perennial door mat, KSU gets a little run, and beats them 3 out of 5 years, and the Huskers all get pissy... classiest fans my a$$.....

jigs said:
it is just big boy pride that NU was the top dog for so long, then perennial door mat, KSU gets a little run, and beats them 3 out of 5 years, and the Huskers all get pissy... classiest fans my a$$.....

Don't you mean 3 out of 85 years?

nope. but you can go back as far as you want and find husker fans were a-holes....

KSU won more games in the first 11 years of Bill Snyder, than it did in the previous 100 years.

Latest posts