• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

The "Yes Prayer"

Help Support Ranchers.net:

sweetbasil

Reaction score
I was looking for the Dictionary of Mathermatics Terms in my home library, and I came across a book titled "Ten Prayers God Always Says Yes To" by Anthony DeStefano.

I know this book belongs to my mom's book collection because I only have business related textbooks. For some reason the title of the book caught my attention; I am glad I picked it out from the library and read the first page because it is a wonderful book to read. I have learned some much about myself and what I need say to "Charlie" next time I need to talk to him. The author is so kind by including a beautiful poem/prayer that really summarizes the key points of this book, so here it is for you to enjoy...

With praise for all you are, Lord
And thanks for all you bless;
Lord, grant these ten petitions
With your eternal Yes:

Please show me that you're there
When I can't see your face;
send troubled souls my way
Their wounds I will erase

Let me see with your eyes
My mind with your thoughts fill;
But more than wisdom give me
The strength to do your will

Bless me with abundance
Then put me to the test;
Gladly will I give you
Much more than I posses.

Send me your tranquility
In troubled times and calm;
With loving arms sustain me
Through suffering and harm.

Forgive me for my sins
Though legion they may be;
WHen death and evil triumph,
Bring good from tragedy.

But most of all reveal
The meaning of my life
The purpose of my glories
The reason for my strife
My destiny in Heaven
No tears to flow again
My God please grant me all;
In Christ Our Lord,
Amen

I know that I don't know each of you personally, but I am grateful to the Internet because it allows me the opportunity to learn from you, and connect as brothers and sisters that we are, regardless of our political views, the distance that separate us, or the color of our skin, you and I are in this world trying are best to stay on the "designated path" that eventually will lead us to accomplishing our life's mission. May today put you one step closer to accomplishing your mission.

Happy Friday.
SB

I especially like the first four lines in the last verse. we find so many people who are discouraged and dissapointed in their life.

People have asked me if I pray. i tell them I do nor pray a lot, perhaps not as often as I should. I do not often pray for myself, I believe God has a plan for me. I do not have the right to ask him to change it.

Here is a poem that I found on my mother's dresser a few weeks after she died. I had the fealing she had left it for me to find. Maybe it was her way to give an answer for all the things I had complained to her about. I don't know who wrote it or where she found it.

COUNT YOUR TREASURES

Count your garden by the flowers,
Never by the leaves that fall;
Count your days by golden hours.
Don't remember clouds at all.

Count your nights by stars, not shadows,
Count your life by smiles, not tears;
And with joy on every birthday,
Count your age by friends, not years.

It has been more then 20 years since I found this poem
there on my mother's dresser.

Clarencen said:
I especially like the first four lines in the last verse. we find so many people who are discouraged and dissapointed in their life.

People have asked me if I pray. i tell them I do nor pray a lot, perhaps not as often as I should. I do not often pray for myself, I believe God has a plan for me. I do not have the right to ask him to change it.

Here is a poem that I found on my mother's dresser a few weeks after she died. I had the fealing she had left it for me to find. Maybe it was her way to give an answer for all the things I had complained to her about. I don't know who wrote it or where she found it.

COUNT YOUR TREASURES

Count your garden by the flowers,
Never by the leaves that fall;
Count your days by golden hours.
Don't remember clouds at all.

Count your nights by stars, not shadows,
Count your life by smiles, not tears;
And with joy on every birthday,
Count your age by friends, not years.

It has been more then 20 years since I found this poem
there on my mother's dresser.

Clarence,
Thanks for sharing such a beautiful poem. I think the most difficult thing is to learn not to ask God to change the "designated path" when one is in the most difficult moments of our lives. I am just trying to ask God to just keep giving me the "I can do" attitude and wisdom to keep choosing the "connected roads" that will lead me to my ultimate destination.

Have a wonderful weekend.
SB

this thread interested me enough that i Googled Anthony DeStefano,his book,poem,and testimony.very interesting....

we all have a future and a past.the 'designated path' behind me has lots of of curves but the path ahead of me is straight and narrow .

i have had many missions in my 'life here on earth',,,but only have one left,concerning getting to 'my life in Heaven'

i think prayer is very important,,public and private.

wow,i got more to ponder on.Thank-you for your post sweetbasil

balestabber said:
this thread interested me enough that i Googled Anthony DeStefano,his book,poem,and testimony.very interesting....

we all have a future and a past.the 'designated path' behind me has lots of of curves but the path ahead of me is straight and narrow .

i have had many missions in my 'life here on earth',,,but only have one left,concerning getting to 'my life in Heaven'

i think prayer is very important,,public and private.

wow,i got more to ponder on.Thank-you for your post sweetbasil

Hi "Balestabber,"
I don't know if you have read the book titled "The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom" it is one of my favorite books for personal-growth.

Thanks for checking in.
SB

Latest posts