• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

There is no place like home!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Shelly

Reaction score
Left Feb. 6th for Louisville, Kentucky for what I assumed would be a well deserved holiday. Then we were going to pop over to Phoenix to watch a little NHRA drag racing then head for home on the 23rd. Well, I couldn't do it! After days of driving to get to Louisville, I was more than ready to come back home. Too many people, too much traffic, too much noise. Just too much of everything for this small town country girl. I missed my friends, my home, my peace and quiet. There truly is alot to be said for "there's no place like home"!

I was wondering how you were doing. I heard on the radio yesterday the 15-19,000 homes in Kentucy were still with out power.

Sorry you didn't enjoy your trip more but good old Saskatchewan can be hard to beat. :D

I always feel that way if i go to the Bay Area or some place down below.although it's nice to get a new perspective and appreciation for what you have.Hope you're gettin' all rested up from your vacation :) :wink:

How do you 'pop' over from Kentucky to Phoenix---as in Arizona?????? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's a helluva ' pop'!!!!!!!

I can honestly say I didn't enjoy my trip. The worst part about it was, if there was bad weather, it found us. Rain, wind, tornado warnings, snow storms, ice, more wind, more rain, and a whole lot more wind. The wind was so strong in Kentucky, you could hardly stay standing up!
Kola, we were going to pop over to Phoenix by way of Tennessee, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico, then Arizona. I just couldn't subject myself to the stress and subjecting my husband to dealing with me! :)
Next time I have this kind of brain fart again, I give anyone permission to slap me upside the top of my head! I'm flying from now on if we decide to go anywhere again.
But, we did see some awful perdy country. Only bonus to driving.

Sorry that you didn't have a good time. Next time route yourself by here and you'll miss all the people etc!! You'll get to see cows and big open country, and it's alot closer to Arizona :p

Shelly said:
Too many people, too much traffic, too much noise. Just too much of everything for this small town country girl. I missed my friends, my home, my peace and quiet. There truly is alot to be said for "there's no place like home"!

Thats me when I even go to Billings or Great Falls anymore- just too many people...I don't even want to go anywhere near a real city...

Oldtimer said:
Thats me when I even go to Billings or Great Falls anymore- just too many people...I don't even want to go anywhere near a real city...

I hear you. I'm 8 hours from anything like a real city (Edmonton), 14 hrs to Vancouver.... that's just the way I like it. Heck, I'm a full hour from the nearest town (18,000 or so) and that's closer than I'd really like. I'd far sooner point myself north, I can be in the Yukon in 12 hrs and that's alot more appealing than going south.
I don't know how folks deal with masses of people, but I guess to each their own.

We went on a cruise one time now that is my definition of a crappy vacation being sea-sick for 6 days.

Latest posts