• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

There Outa Be A Law

Help Support Ranchers.net:

OldDog/NewTricks

Reaction score
There Outa Be A Law
In My Opinion there should be a Law that would make it Illegal to cover one Face in anyway – by Mask, Scarf, Hanky, Hood, (any thing that hides ones identity) while committing a Felony or Misdemeanor…

What are your Thoughts

Yes

No

Isn't it already illegal to commit a felony or misdemeanor? What would they make the punishment harsher if they caught you wearing a mask while commiting a felony?

Wearing a disguise while committing a crime in Canada is an additional charge

The Criminal Code establishes offences for activities related to burglary. Anyone who, without lawful excuse, entered or was in a dwelling house with intent to commit an indictable offence, is guilty of an indictable offence with a maximum sentence of 10 years' imprisonment. Other offences include possession of break-in instruments, wearing a disguise with intent to commit an indictable offence, and the unauthorized sale, purchase or possession of automobile master keys (including lock picks).

But I've got to agree with Soap, you might be able to get off, by arguing that it was cold on the get away ski doo. :lol:

hypocritexposer said:
Wearing a disguise while committing a crime in Canada is an additional charge

The Criminal Code establishes offences for activities related to burglary. Anyone who, without lawful excuse, entered or was in a dwelling house with intent to commit an indictable offence, is guilty of an indictable offence with a maximum sentence of 10 years' imprisonment. Other offences include possession of break-in instruments, wearing a disguise with intent to commit an indictable offence, and the unauthorized sale, purchase or possession of automobile master keys (including lock picks).

But I've got to agree with Soap, you might be able to get off, by arguing that it was cold on the get away ski doo. :lol:

I was thinking of Picketers or Terrorist at protest.
V_Key said - Religionist Freedom Questions

Remember, they came up with a law a few years back that increased penalties and the perceived seriousness of the crime depending on whether your crime was motivated by HATE rather than by just, say, GREED, MEANNESS, inherent EVIL, PASSION, etc. And it seems to me that this HATE charge layered on top of the crime is only applied to one sector of our society.
What I mean by this is, alot of legislation gets passed because it sounds good to some people, like it's going to accomplish something, but it has unintended (or perhaps INTENDED) consequences that affect otherwise law-abiding people. Gun Control comes in at the top of my list. Its stated purpose was to deny weapons to the likes of Al Capone, etc. Did Al Capone or John Dillinger care one sniff about legality?

Latest posts