• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

There's men and then there's men who are men.

Help Support Ranchers.net:

I've always figured any relationship has to be a partnership where both parties do whatever it takes to get things done. Raising a family, running a ranch, or a business, even going to college, it's takes teamwork and working together. I know plenty of women who spend money while their spouse works their tail feathers off earning it. And that ain't right either. But I also have a good friend who is disabled, and his wife works a full time job to feed their family. So each individual situation is different.

What brought that on?
Oh...I'm separated and raisin' three boys, teaching them that the good life isn't about sitting on their butts eatin' icecream and watching TV while some woman works her butt off for 'em. 😉 Their father had that idea too(his father also ran off). I spent alot of time putting up with ever growing bull to try to keep something together that a bully kept raising the bar on. 🤠 Sorry. It was a mom venting moment at coffee break.

Tryin to raise another generation of Sacketts(Louis L'amour) and John Waynes when society is telling them they might be girls stuck inside a boys boy, encouraging them to read Diary of A Wimpy Kid, and skinny jeans for boys are popular.
Oh...I'm separated and raisin' three boys, teaching them that the good life isn't about sitting on their butts eatin' icecream and watching TV while some woman works her butt off for 'em. 😉 Their father had that idea too(his father also ran off). I spent alot of time putting up with ever growing bull to try to keep something together that a bully kept raising the bar on. 🤠 Sorry. It was a mom venting moment at coffee break.

I think the main reason I have been a widow for 52 years is I was too driven to get things done.
I loved to work with my hands and then see what I had built and accomplished. I loved to see
green grass and healthy cattle grazing. I love to see sturdy in good repair fences. I loved corrals
in top repair. I loved the tools and equipment maintained and ready to go if you get my drift, hun!

A man that knew how to pee behind the barn and not on the wood
A man that used the outhouse so I didn't find a yellow-stained lid up
A man that knew how to sweat but also take a shower before bed
A man that loved all aspects of ranching even cooking and cleaning
A man that worked hard and stayed strong just because he could

A man that loved his wife and family more than friends at the rodeo
A man that rose early and was anxious to get to work
A man that knew how to eat on the go and get things done
A man that didn't mind greasy and calloused hands
A man that didn't shiver and retreat after the first fallen snow

A man that wasn't afraid to show his feeling whether hurt or happy
A man that let me drive on occasion while he shut the gate