• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

They grow up too fast!!!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

the_jersey_lilly_2000

Reaction score
Just a couple weeks ago, Lil Lilly got her drivers license......Tomorrow I hafta go up to the school to order her Letter Jacket. Then Thursday, we order her class ring. They sure know how to hit ya all at once with this stuff don't they?

Lilly,
Get ready for sticker shock!!!! I thought class rings were outragouse... Good thing son has a birthday in Nov........ Mine has never asked for a school jacket..... Must be an area thingy..........

Try having 4 daughters.

Lets see we have Dances and you can't wear the same dress lets see.Homecoming,Fall festival,Snow Days,Valentine's and Prom try that for a few years.Then they go to College and they get worse.I'll be broke forever..

OH MY 4 girls???? You must have had dresses covered in plastic in every closet!
I only had one girl and she had dresses all over this house! You know they can't wear them to more than one dance!! Not to mention the fact that we had to drive 250 miles to buy them because Heaven forbid somebody else had the same dress!!
Boys were soooo much easier!

Well, here if you are in athletics, or any other UIL thing, you qualify for a letter jacket. She's played volleyball 3 years, basketball 1 year, One Act Play 3 years. This jacket is red and black. The school pays for the jacket itself, all we had to do was pay for the patches. But since she's involved in FFA and is an officer I went ahead and ordered all her patches to go on her Carhart Jacket she won last year for High Sales award.

Our kids only have prom every other year. Juniors and Seniors. On the year that there isn't a prom, they have a Senior Trip. Well this bunch has decided that they don't want a prom either year, instead they want two trips. They are shootin for Disney World. They hafta raise the money for the trip. So if they can do it, why not. They'll have one night there, that they'll have a formal dinner at, I guess at Cinderella's Castle??? sorta prom like. But not the same as the fella comin to our house and pickin her up...the whole corsage thing and all we'll miss. But they do have a photographer there so I've been told.

I can't complain too much, she's not the typical "go shoppin at the mall" kid. Most of the money spent on her is horse related LOL As for dresses in her closet......LOL only ones in there are the baby dresses I saved years ago. "Dressed up" to her is boots and jeans and one of her long sleeve show shirts, hat, and spurs.

(But I am glad we didnt have 4 girls) LOL Denny.....I feel for ya. Think if I had that many they'd be exchangin dresses.

No they don't go to Nationals. I wish they would. It takes everything they can drum up with fundraisers just to be able to go to the three major shows here in Texas that they do. San Antonio, San Angelo, and Houston. Our schoolboard, if they had their way about it would totally do away with the Ag program all together. Very little funding comes from the school, the kids sell meat and our chili supper is what gets their hotels and fuel paid for.

Our school here keeps trying to dump the Ag Prgms every year.

I don't have any ' kids' involved anymore..all graduated....but every year it gets less and less.

We go every-other year.......... And juniors and seniors are the only ones who get to go........ I think Carter said it was $600 a kid..... That's lots of fruit and of coarse they have the auction where they auction off the kids for one day of work........ Man, I tried to get a gal for housework and there was only one or two that specialized in housework and they brought alot of money......... :shock:

I think this year, I"m also gonna suggest pie baking for Christmas holidays. Like the kids can take orders for pies, and have a day at school/or someone's house, bakin pies. It'll prolly wind up bein our house, but I don't mind in the least. I think that would be fun.

LOL I guess a pecan pie would ship....don't know about the other varieties.

They have a homecomin game and king/queen deal every year....at a basketball game LOL our school has no football team....not enuff players. How wierd is that hehe. But as for a homecomin dance, they only do that every other year.

I would of thought you would have a football team...... That is something...... Coarse that ain't all that bad. My best friend's son is recovering from his second concussion in two weeks........ :roll: :roll:

No shivering girls in formals.... :D :D :D

It is the same here Katrina, small towns here we don't have enough kids to fill a team. We have basketball and track where my kids went to school, that is it. The years my oldest came through, he talked them into starting a Golf Team, and they have had at least one kid playing ever since.

Easty

Before school...Eye exams, (glasses for 2, contacts for one, plus a new pair of cheaters for the old man..lessee...$1300 for all of that) dentist ($300), sports physicals ($75).

3rd day of school...class pictures($70)

I have 2 girls in Volleyball....knee pads, special shoes, bikers to wear at practice, sports bras...AARRRRRGGGHHHHH!

A new homecoming dress for the oldest, a 9th grader..$20! Clearance at Herberger's, plus half off, and she looked like a million dollars!

The 8th grade daughter just turned 13 last Friday. Party favors, presents, food, cake, and lots and lots of chatty Cathy's running around for an afternoon.

I always thought if I could live long enough to get them off the formula and out of diapers, it was downhill after that. Boy, was I WRONG!!!

I gotta come up with a vehicle of the poor and destitute next year for the eldest. 16 is comin' right up. I think I can swing for a new engine for our old '92 Aerostar that has been parked for the last 2 years now. I guess if she don't like it, walkin' ain't crowded.

loomixguy-- It never ends- my youngest is 21 and it never ends...Once you quit paying for the kids--then along comes the grandkids and the whole cycle continues...I think my wife spends more on the grandkids than she did on the kids :roll:

And your lucky- I have 3 daughters- and when they needed a prom dress no one local had anything wearable (according to all the girls in town)- so they had to go to Billings (600 miles-round trip) and a day of shopping...And they can never wear the same one twice :roll: Thankfully they did trade some back and forth and hand down some......

Hold the boat here people. I read this pretty fast and saw the words pecon pie and shipping. :D If it is chocalate pecan pie I'm in. :lol: Theres is two things I don't joke about, it is cold ones and Pie.

have a cold one (and keep me informed on pie delivery dates)

lazy ace

i can feel your pain..............i have four girls also...16, 15, 13, and 12. all of them into volleyball, one also does swimming. school pictures, volleyball pictures, volleyball outfits, swim outfits, annuals, class ring, letter jacket. not to mention college, and weddings..

G3

Got you all beat ....5 girls and 1 boy
JimRhonda010.jpg

Latest posts