• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Thin ice on the troughs this morning

Help Support Ranchers.net:

HAY MAKER

Reaction score
I guess winter is closing in troughs had a layer of thin ice this morning and pretty cool right at sun up,beautiful crystal clear morning,I noticed several deer and one looked respectable on an oat patch this morning,few axis deer,I gotta get caught up on my wood cutting this week,usually burn a couple cords as you never can tell what the winter is going to do,yes even way down here in the TX Hill country,we can get ice storms that knock out the power for days.I can do without power but not a fire.So will be busy cutting fire wood and feeding calves,getting ready for hunters,we open in a couple weeks..................good luck PS whats on your schedule?

This week we head for Wyoming for my father's estate sale. We have weaned our heifer calves. We preg check tomorrow afternoon. When we return from Wyoming we will finish setting up a tire tank at a new well for stock water. Then there is always fence to fix, some windbreak boards to put up, just general maintenance. But here, the ground will freeze up before we get much more done.

Our basement project isn't finished. It was started May 4th. We got the contractor ONCE A WEEK for a couple of weeks, now he hasn't been around for two weeks. I tell ya, anyone that tries to remodel a house, I have one word for them...DON'T. This has drug on more than I could even imagine. They took the ceiling out in the old basement. This house used to have a coal furnace and on top of that old ceiling was lots of...COAL DUST. What a mess. They never bothered to cover the registers, so it was all over in the house and of course, it is on the new cement floor in the basement. Don't know what to use to get it up. They said they tried vaccuming it and I can see where they tried mopping it up. Maybe that is why they haven't been back! :???:

Sounds like the perfect time for Shell Busey's Housesmart Website. If you haven't heard of Shell, he runs a phone in radio show that covers all aspects of home repair. Maybe he's in the States, too, but unfortunately I haven't been listening to the radio in the U.S. lately, so I don't know! If anyone knows how to get coal dust off a cement floor, he will!

Latest posts