• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Things we don't talk about

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Hanta Yo

Reaction score
Since the temp was due to fall, with the wind blowing, I decided to myself to set the alarm to stuff the main floor and basement wood stoves in the middle of the night. The good Lord took care of it without the alarm.

I decided to take a shower before going to bed, so I did. When I got out...
there was water every where on the floor. Oh, boy, am I in trouble...

Got the mess cleaned up, sw is still asleep (halleluja) and pulled away the wall where the upflow pump is (we've had some problems with it before) because if there is water on the basement floor then the upflow pump isn't working.

Got everything exposed, decided to plug the plug-in to the pump to the lower part of the outlet, and holy toledo, the pump ran, sucked some of the water up from the floor, and everything is working great. I've had other problems with the pump; the Marine decided to wash his saddle pad IN MY WASHER and the hair plugged up the pump (yes, water all over the place) so I had to take the pump out and fix it by unplugging the thing. After my experiences with water-on-the-floor it just seems something else comes up to cause problems. Since I'm female, I learn a lesson one at a time. It seems I've learned about 5 lessons concerning the pump. Oh, Well...

I would expect that there are few things that could strike fear into a Marine's heart, but I wonder if getting "that look" (that sw was talking about) from momma might just about be enough to do it! :shock: :wink:

Hanta,sounds like you handled that problem pretty darn good to me,which proves "aint nuthin like a good woman" :wink: ...............good luck

Latest posts