• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Things you hate šŸ˜

Help Support Ranchers.net:

leanin' H

Reaction score
Our washing machine decided to put its feet in the air and die Sunday. So I made a trip to town with my wife and we got a new one today. Of course it can never be that simple. The old shut off valves where hot and cold water come out of the wall were shot, so another 95 mile round trip for parts to replace them. šŸ¤¬šŸ¤¬šŸ¤¬
So I'll start this thread by saying I hate plumbing. Drives me nuts. Of all ranch chores, plumbing ranks lowest on my scale. What say y'all?

Irrigating in the rain. Well that is for this morning. We are starting water down the ditch. We "walk the water down". Staying near the front of the water with a pitch fork tossing out anything that comes floating down the ditch. Today's stretch has a lot of deep ditch with steep banks. Rod and I would lean on our pitch forks and BS while the young guys crawl up and down these banks. Rod passed away last fall so I have no one to BS with. I will be standing by myself in the rain.

we got a new washing machine a couple months ago. We put Clorine pellets in our well, some of them hung up on the pump wires , so sue poured some Clorox down to get them off. Well next thing we got rust coming thru the pipes plugs the screen on the washer hoses. They get clean , but cold water hose never got tighten on the wall hook up. So we tore floor out of the mud room. A disaster outfit come and took carpet pad a few feet back from the wall on the other side and cut out 2 feet of dry wall on both sides. We still got danger signs on the doors and the big fans running for a week. They should pick up stuff Friday and we start dry wall, tape mud , texture , paint , lay floor and trim , then get some pad and a carpet stretcher. But what I hate is seeing a cow with two tails......

Irrigating in the rain. Well that is for this morning. We are starting water down the ditch. We "walk the water down". Staying near the front of the water with a pitch fork tossing out anything that comes floating down the ditch. Today's stretch has a lot of deep ditch with steep banks. Rod and I would lean on our pitch forks and BS while the young guys crawl up and down these banks. Rod passed away last fall so I have no one to BS with. I will be standing by myself in the rain.
Well we got it done. Dale showed up. A poor substitute for Rod but at least I wasn't standing alone. Broke my pitch fork handle so they can't complain about an old guy not working. The project wasn't worth hating, but the 3 mile ride home in the rain on the quad wasn't a real good time.

I hate coiled rattlesnakes.
We dicussed them this morning. With this weather we have a couple more weeks until the snakes show their faces.

Last edited:
Well we got it done. Dale showed up. A poor substitute for Rod but at least I wasn't standing alone. Broke my pitch fork handle so they can't complain about an old guy not working. The project wasn't worth hating, but the 3 mile ride home in the rain on the quad wasn't a real good time.

We dicussed them this morning. With this weather we have a couple more weeks until the snakes show their faces.
We got .25 before chores, nothing since. Happy for all we get. Good chance for more it looks like

we got a new washing machine a couple months ago. We put Clorine pellets in our well, some of them hung up on the pump wires , so sue poured some Clorox down to get them off. Well next thing we got rust coming thru the pipes plugs the screen on the washer hoses. They get clean , but cold water hose never got tighten on the wall hook up. So we tore floor out of the mud room. A disaster outfit come and took carpet pad a few feet back from the wall on the other side and cut out 2 feet of dry wall on both sides. We still got danger signs on the doors and the big fans running for a week. They should pick up stuff Friday and we start dry wall, tape mud , texture , paint , lay floor and trim , then get some pad and a carpet stretcher. But what I hate is seeing a cow with two tails......
We had such bad water in SE Montana that we installed a whole-house RO system. Best thing we ever did.

We got to see Hank Jr. at the local Moose Club in SW Montana. Friends of ours were friends of Dick Willy. It was Dick Willy's ranch where Hank fell off the mountain. It was our friends who got him to come to our little poduck town to play and sing for an evening. No charge. Anyway, it was fantastic. He could play anything handed to him. A true musician. We gained a lot of respect for him that night and have enjoyed his music ever since. Thanks, gcreek!!!!

Latest posts