• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Thinking of my Carrot snapper friend.

Help Support Ranchers.net:

jodywy

Reaction score
Proper storage of harvest garden carrots...Been told wash tub or plastic cattle feed tub and sand to cover carrots...Preferred method, wash and peel carrots , run thru a food processor , make large batches of carrot cake, cut cake into manage squares and when cool seal up in seal a meal bags, next make Hugh batch of cream cheese frosting and seal up in tube bags , put a frosting and cake together and seal up again and store in half of large chest freezer … if need be buy another small chest freezer. When you need carrot cake remove one let it thaw cut hole in corner of frosting tube then frost cake.... If you need carrots for a pot roast or to glaze, go to grocery store...

Ok, color me old, dumb, or whatever, but I had to look up what a carrot snapper is. :mad:

According to the urban dictionary experts in order to be a carrot snapper, one has to wear overalls with top bib pockets in which to carry their carrots for snapping off for snacks. Since field workers from Utah were first noted exhibiting this behavior in Idaho fields, Utahans are sometimes called carrot snappers. :sneaky:

I guess we are never too old to learn. Am I the only one that didn't know this? :confused:

Wyoming has names for everybody that crosses state lines to fish, hunt, camp or save on gasoline .... Ie Spudders-Idaho, Carrot snappers -Utah, Greenies (Green License plates)- Colorado. Rabbit Chokers- SD. Stump jumpers-western Montana loggers.
Franklin County Idaho has a cannery in Preston. Over the years we can Beef in big cubes, BBQ hamburger. Chillie, Elk, Brigham City Utah tomatoes and Peaches, Cake like pudding, and Chicken. After I sold the Milk cows My parents turn the front of the flat milk barn into a 400-hen layer operation. mom had always had 100 hens. well one year we killed all the old layers as she gotten some new pullets just starting to lay> We Cleaned and froze Chickens off and on for a couple weeks. We took them down to the cannery. I was thawing out chicken part under cold water and was watching some folks come in and were dumping the biggest carrots I had ever seen into an automated vegetable peeler. These things were as big as big potatoes, my uncle looked over and smiled and then said that why we call them Carrot snappers. Preston is north end of Cache Valley. South end is Utah...

I had no idea what the hell a carrot snapper was either Webby. I guess since I'm the lone Utahn here anymore I am one. Thanks Jody, I think😂
I never made a comment on carrot snappers. Never heard of it before. Although we get a lot of people on the freeway here with Utah plates who drive like someone has snapped their carrot.

Latest posts