• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

This afternoon on the desert

Help Support Ranchers.net:

leanin' H

Reaction score
Sunday was a fine day. We had a church meeting over to Tooele and it was a spiritual feast. Really enjoyed it even though I'm not a fan of town. This afternoon we walked through the cows and took a jaunt down to a leased pasture we are resting this spring and summer. May use it this fall. Took the dogs and was amazed at the water we saw.
IMG_2155.jpeg

Miss Missy

IMG_2153.jpeg

Missy and Lottie

IMG_2154.jpeg

For perspective, this creek has been dry for the past 12 springs. A tiny bit of sub irrigation on the meadow from fairly high water table. But I've hauled water to be able to use this piece. I've never seen this much water down here. Amazed and grateful!!!

IMG_2156.jpeg

Incredible!

IMG_2163.jpeg

My sweetheart and my cohort in crime. Love that woman.

IMG_2181.jpeg

Our new long yearling bull.

IMG_2180.jpeg
I like this rascal!!!

IMG_2170.jpeg

Excited to see his calves.

IMG_2178.jpeg
Brand of Miles High Angus from Altamont Utah. And our Leanin' H

IMG_2173.jpeg

Pretty day on the desert.

Thanks for sharing your pictures.
I like them all!!
Especially all that WATER!

After all that snow...we are dry here. Hard to believe. We didn't get a lot of runoff, as the snow melted slowly and went into the ground. April was dry and the wind blew a lot so you know the outcome of that. We are to get rain this week, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. I can't remember the last time we got a 3-day rain. It used to be a common occurrence but that was years ago. Please pray it materializes!

Latest posts