• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

This dont happen often

Help Support Ranchers.net:

cowwrangler

Reaction score
Had a cow have the first calf of the year and also the last calf of the year :???: :???: :???: she calved jan 27 and dec 7,all are doing fine,i seen her springing up and thought oh no shes gonna abort,came home yesterday and had nice calf standing there :shock: darn sneaky bull

You better get that bull out there. She should be cycling any day now...

Brings to mind that infamous eccentric-quote made by the actor Jeff Goldblum in the first 'Jurassic Park' movie: "Nature finds a way".

Might not matter if that fence is up or not...lol

I think #K16 must have read your post - - - -She calved first this year - - a real nice hiefer on Jan 16th ( bred for March calf ) that I'm keeping back to breed, not sure how she got with the bull as I turned him in with the cows June 10th.

Now this morning (Dec 28th) she had a great bull calf. I don't know how she got with the bull again and this calf is about 80# so I don't think it is premy.

This is her 7th calf and her first bull, all the hiefers I have kept back so I now have 6 daughters (sisters) in the herd and 2 grand daughters.

When you only have 21 cows and 6 are from the same cow it is a close grouping!

I leave the bull to run with the bred cows, she and her calf have been pulled and put in with the hiefers I kept back to breed this spring so she is away from the bull, this is how I always do it so the bull is only by himself April and May and the first 10 days of June, I guess he must be mailing it to her!

Seen a stud horse breed a mare over a 5 wire fence and never get a scratch. He was quite an athlete.

Denny said:
Seen a stud horse breed a mare over a 5 wire fence and never get a scratch. He was quite an athlete.

hell, half the guys in my high school could do dang near the same thing!!

jigs said:
Denny said:

......and that's why they keep farm animals a healthy distance from school yards in Kansas :lol: :lol: :lol:

Silver said:
jigs said:
Denny said:

......and that's why they keep farm animals a healthy distance from school yards in Kansas :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bazinga :lol: :lol: :lol:

The only thing Baaad about me is the bad management!

I even have another cow looking quite close up - - - I want them to come in March and April when the grass is great for making milk.

I just don't understand how this has happened # K16 is way early two years in a row now so it might be her going to the bull and then back to her claf without getting caught! But it seems she took her half sister # K17 with her this time!

Well if we keep having this weather it will be fine - - - little muddy but they can stay on concrete if they want - - - I will just have to keep the concrete cleaner than I normally do so that the babies stay clean. And the area where the hiefers are kept for the winter has 16 acres of grass but they like to lay in the barn with the south sun shinning on them.

Silver said:
jigs said:
Denny said:

:lol2: :lol2: :tiphat:

Latest posts