• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

This is going too far

Help Support Ranchers.net:

I guess I got lost in the thread somewhere Jinglebob. Are you saying in a serious fashion that you know some Christians that are trying to kill other people because of their religion? BTW I was joking.

Let me go ahead and publically apologize for my offensive statement. I was joking but ...no matter. I , as a Christian , have a biased view. All I notice here in the United States is the erosion of Christian freedoms. I never intended to imply that I would be satisfied with the erosion of other relegions freedoms , rather that we would as a nation continue to protect religious freedoms of all people . Having said that I don't think we should change our Christian government that was established originally. I have heard ( I don't know if it is true) that the most common precedent of our Supreme Court for the first couple hundred years was the Bible book of Duteronomy. We were founded by Christian people and as a Christian nation but with respect for the freedom of religion of all beliefs. I think that should continue. The biggest encroachment I see on my freedom of religion isn't from another religion but from secular society who is opposed to any religious symbol and against Christianity in particular because of its exclusive beliefs. I don't think other people should be killed of course or that they should be discriminated against in any way. If I was living in Israel I would expect the country to be Jewish but would expect the government to protect my freedom of religion and allow me to function with my beliefs as a member of society. I think we should do the same here. Some countries don't allow that freedom and should be condemned for their actions. In the Sudan for example they are killing Christians for nothing more than their Christian beleifs. This is to clarify my previous statements and nothing more. I am sorry I offended anyone. It is a different thing entirely to say we are all trying worship the same God . That just isn't true. Our religions are as different as daylight and dark. Christians, Muslems, Jews, Hindus, and any I left out all have different beliefs. Our way to Heaven for example is very different . So much so that we cannot worship together or have the same goals for our religions but we can function in society just fine. Always have.

should not have started this thread, you should keep your religion and your political views to yourself unless asked, or am I wrong. What gets me is that I don't go around telling Jews or Muslims that I find their views offensive, they can have theirs and I can have mine. What is offensive is them telling me and mine that we are wrong and we should not practice that which we do because it offends them. I don't open the door to the Jehovas because they should not be coming to my house and telling me what I should believe. When in grade school we had Jehovas in school, they went to the library and read or studied while we had Easter parties and such, nobody bothered them and they bothered nobody. That is how it should be. I've never told anyone they could not have Hanukah because it offends me, why should they be able to tell me I can't have Christmas because it offends them? MERRY CHRISTMAS

Red Robin said:
Jinglebob said:
Isn;t it amazing that the Jewish, Christain and Moslem beliefs all come from one place and then have split. guess we all are one big family. And I ain't never seen a family who didn't have a few fights! :wink:

Much good has come from each of the above named religions and much bad also. Too bad we can't all get together and quit fightin'! :cry:
While the region is similiar and some of the Characters are similiar in the written beleifs of each relegion, they are exclusive. If any relegion is worth anything it has to be at least correct Jinglebob. If one is correct and others are different then others are wrong.
John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
This is a pretty exclusive statement. Muslems think Jesus was a profit but not the only way to God. In my opinion it's hard to be a profit and a liar. If he said it it's true or a lie
Jews which are unconverted to Christianity would also think Jesus is a liar when he makes this statement. Christians on the other hand could wrap up most of their theology from that verse.
Hard Jinglebob for everyone to all get along when they can't even agree what the most important figure in history actually is. Liar ,Lunatic or Lord

That's the trouble with "Preaching with out thinking"!

If I say the same exact thing at the same time to my friends the may each hear something different.

If I say the same thing to friends at different times you can bet your sweet _ _ _ they will ALL think I said Something Different.

I think GOD would say "The World needs Love and Understand" - not Preaching

sw said:
should not have started this thread, you should keep your religion and your political views to yourself unless asked, or am I wrong. What gets me is that I don't go around telling Jews or Muslims that I find their views offensive, they can have theirs and I can have mine. What is offensive is them telling me and mine that we are wrong and we should not practice that which we do because it offends them. I don't open the door to the Jehovas because they should not be coming to my house and telling me what I should believe. When in grade school we had Jehovas in school, they went to the library and read or studied while we had Easter parties and such, nobody bothered them and they bothered nobody. That is how it should be. I've never told anyone they could not have Hanukah because it offends me, why should they be able to tell me I can't have Christmas because it offends them? MERRY CHRISTMAS

My feelings exactly.

Jinglebob said:
sw said:

AMEN!!!!!!!!
My feelings exactly.

I don't open the door to the Jehovas because they should not be coming to my house and telling me what I should believe.
Actually, sharing the Good News is one of the most basic requirements of *all* Christians.
Some of us just go about it in a different manner.

(Others don't do it at all...)

When in grade school we had Jehovas in school, they went to the library and read or studied while we had Easter parties and such, nobody bothered them and they bothered nobody.
Have you ever wondered how your standard eight year old *really* feels when they have to go to the library while their friends are having a party? :(

So far as the actual topic of conversation, I hear "Merry Christmas" all the time. Everyone has their "Christmas" section of their stores. NPR has been broadcasting Christmas music and stories...

I *want* our school program completely secular. (I don't want my son's teacher teaching him anything religious! She's a Lutheran. :shock: ) The kids' Sunday School will be putting on a Christmas program next week just like every other year which will be completely CHRISTmas. My daughter has been prancing around in her angel costume. My son-- not so thrilled with the sheep. lol

Much good has come from each of the above named religions and much bad also. Too bad we can't all get together and quit fightin'!
I agree. And we *all* think we have the "right" (only) one.

The Lord leads us to Him in different ways. Even within Christianity we have however many bazillion off-shoots...

I think extending others the same respect we hope to recieve goes a long way...

Hey, wait a second, that's the Golden Rule. :wink:

"Providence has given our peole the choice of their rulers, and it is the duty as well as the privilege and interest of our Christian nation to select and prefer Christians for their rulers."

John Jay
First Chief Justice of the United States Supreme Court

John Jay didn't keep his religious views silent .

Latest posts