• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

This just in

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Bullhauler

Reaction score
South Dakota Republican Tea party candidate for governor Gordon Howie is behind $57,000 on his property taxes. I thought it was just those evil Democrats that didn't pay their taxes. :D :D

Bullhauler said:
South Dakota Republican Tea party candidate for governor Gordon Howie is behind $57,000 on his property taxes. I thought it was just those evil Democrats that didn't pay their taxes. :D :D

Not making excuses for the guy, but do you know if he is behind or refuses to acknowledge what he owes?

Howie behind on property taxes
Wednesday, 26 May 2010 07:05
SIOUX FALLS, S.D. (AP) _ A state senator seeking the Republican endorsement to run for governor of South Dakota has not paid property taxes on more than 30 pieces of land in Pennington County. County records show that Sen. Gordon Howie of Rapid City is behind by nearly $57,000 in property taxes due for 2008 and 2009. The amount will jump to about $87,000 if Howie can't meet the next payment date at the end of October. Howie is one of five candidates seeking the GOP nomination for governor in the June 8 primary. He ranches, sells real estate and develops land. Howie attributes his tax problem to the poor economy, which has pinched developers statewide. He says he's making an effort to pay off the debt with interest by selling land he otherwise wouldn't sell.

Oldtimer said:
SIOUX FALLS, S.D. (AP) _ A state senator seeking the Republican endorsement to run for governor of South Dakota has not paid property taxes on more than 30 pieces of land in Pennington County. County records show that Sen. Gordon Howie of Rapid City is behind by nearly $57,000 in property taxes due for 2008 and 2009. The amount will jump to about $87,000 if Howie can't meet the next payment date at the end of October. Howie is one of five candidates seeking the GOP nomination for governor in the June 8 primary. He ranches, sells real estate and develops land. Howie attributes his tax problem to the poor economy, which has pinched developers statewide. He says he's making an effort to pay off the debt with interest by selling land he otherwise wouldn't sell.

So he acknowledges the debt and is trying to pay the debt. Sounds like an honest guy.

hypocritexposer said:
Oldtimer said:

So he acknowledges the debt and is trying to pay the debt. Sounds like an honest guy.

An honest guy that can't manage his money. I have owned land for 26 years and I haven't had my name on the deadbeat tax list yet. This guy has two years back taxes and he decides his time and money is best spent running for governor as a "tea party Republican".

Bullhauler said:
hypocritexposer said:

An honest guy that can't manage his money. I have owned land for 26 years and I haven't had my name on the deadbeat tax list yet. This guy has two years back taxes and he decides his time and money is best spent running for governor as a "tea party Republican".

Makes perfect sense to me- if you don't like the system then work to change it! Maybe if all the politicians in DC that don't pay their taxes would get the same idea we could ALL have tax relief!

He could always run as a democrat and act like he is enacting financial reform.

Bruce Carton, a former Senior Counsel with the SEC's enforcement division and current editor of Securities Docket, agreed there is uncertainty about the rules. "Insider trading depends on some kind of duty. You can steal information, but unless you have some sort of duty of confidentiality to it, you're not going to be held liable," Carton said.

Right now, there is no duty of confidentiality for Congress, their staff or executive branch employees, he said.

"It may be unethical, and it may be unseemly, but it's not illegal," Carton said.

So yes, it seems there is a way for members of Congress to engage in insider trading. Whether they are actually doing it is another story. So far, there are no specific examples of lawmakers engaging in "secret spending and insider trading," as the e-mail indicates. But for its factual claim, we give Public Citizen a True.

Maybe the DaliBama will give him a cabinet position. Isn't being a tax cheat a requirement to work for the chosen one?

HOSS SR. said:
Maybe the DaliBama will give him a cabinet position. Isn't being a tax cheat a requirement to work for the chosen one?

Define tax cheat? One that acknowledges that he owes money and is making an effort to pay it back, or one that tries to hide it for years, until he is caught, when under investigation for a cabinet position.

:lol:

which of these 2 will Dems. bring to your attention?

It's plain and simple.......

If you owe a debt...it's due by a certain date. Anytime you go past that date... without making an attempt @ payment arragements.....you are delinquent.

You can twist words all you want....but a debt is due when a debt is due.

Bullhauler said:

Geithner $35000
Daschel $128000
Kikkerfer $1000
Solis $6000

So it seems that all of these folks were not only tax cheats, they also lied when they filled out the questionnaires. If they didn't lie, then Obama nominated them knowing they were unethical candidates.

Not paying income taxes is a crime!!

Not paying property taxes is not a crime. :wink: :wink: :wink:

jingo2 said:

If you owe a debt...it's due by a certain date. Anytime you go past that date... without making an attempt @ payment arragements.....you are delinquent.

I think TWAP owes a debt to the American people that is LONG overdue. His true birth certificate! And you can twist that any way you libs want, but his BC is long overdue.

loomixguy said:
jingo2 said:

I think TWAP owes a debt to the American people that is LONG overdue. His true birth certificate! And you can twist that any way you libs want, but his BC is long overdue.

Why try to change the topic? You ADHD or something?

Hardly....just pointing out to TWAP's minions that he himself owes a debt to the people of this country. Or can't you wrap your head around more than one thought at a time?

Who denied that there was not a debt owed kolojingo???
Are you ADHD or something??????
Oppps never mind we already know that answer :wink: :wink: :wink:

Jingo2, just because you owe a debt, does not make you a cheat. Now go back to the opening post and let us know who was twisting words.

Bullhauler said:
hypocritexposer said:

Do you have 30 pieces of expensive investment property?? Doesn't take much to add up to that much annually especially if there is no cash flow from any of them.

bullspreader, you find ONE tea party guy and want to raise hell...there are several Liberals, and you ignore that?? you sir, are an idiot.

jigs said:
bullspreader, you find ONE tea party guy and want to raise hell...there are several Liberals, and you ignore that?? you sir, are an idiot.

Gee I start a thread to inform and all I get is name calling. Typical conservatives can't debate so they have to resort to name calling.

Latest posts