• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

This n That

Help Support Ranchers.net:

the_jersey_lilly_2000

Reaction score
Got'ny thang to eat?
2005-09-30-Gotny-thang-to-.jpg

Morning sun thru the grapevines
2005-09-30-Sunshine-thru-th.jpg

Wild Mornin Glory's n a butterfly
2005-09-30-Mornin-Glories-n.jpg

Texas Sunset
38479523.jpg

I really waited too late in the day to get the mornin glory and butterfly shot, the flowers were startin to close. there were tons of yeller butterflys flittin around but none of them showed up good , so along came the blue n black butterfly n I got him hehe

Your sunset or sunrise doesn't have to take a backseat to anything, either, Jersey Lily. Very, very nice work.

My husband is really an animal person. Loves 'em and gets along with 'em. Kinda spooky at times, actually. Once he was in the shop and a hummingbird was at the window trying to get out. He got the hummingbird on his hand!! Not only that, but he let him go, came to the house, got the camera, went back to the shop and got the hummingbird on his hand AGAIN and took the picture! And we have the pictures to prove it!

We used to irrigate when we lived in W. Montana and my husband made friends with a grouse of some kind (he knows what kind it was, I just can't remember). He would go up on the bench to irrigate, and call the bird, which he named "Rojo, the fighting chicken". Rojo would come on the run. Jack had him so he would get up on his arm. Or, Rojo would follow him like a dog. If Jack was on the little Honda 110 that he used to irrigate with, Rojo would fly right along with him. It was the craziest thing!! We made about a 45 minute video of this bird doing all this stuff. Even with the dog there. Jack would control the dog and the bird would not want the dog to get between himself and Jack. One time the dog was kinda 'after' the bird. Of course, we wouldn't allow that, so the dog was going to get back in the Scout. When the dog turned around to leave, the bird shot in and bit the dog in the butt!! It was so funny...and we got it on tape!!

Real pretty pictures, Jersey Lilly.

Faster Horses, maybe you should send a copy of your "Rojo, the fighting chicken" tape to America's Funniest Videos. It might be worth big bucks, and at least give more people a chance to laugh at the bird's antics.

You are getting the picture thing down Lily, keep them coming :lol:

Yea, Soapweed, we actually thought of that, but never got around to doing it. Guess I didn't realize Funniest Home Videos was still on the air.
I have a hard time getting things gathered up and completed anymore. Really aggravates me at myself!

Latest posts