• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

This one shakes me to the core

Help Support Ranchers.net:

webfoot

Reaction score
I just found out that one of my neighbors passed away yesterday, Rod Bunch. His son and daughter in law are my closest neighbors. I believe Rod was 63. He liked it when I came to brandings because then he wasn't the oldest guy there. A couple weeks ago I saw him on the road and asked if he had a wood splitter. I said last year someone told me I could borrow their splitter but couldn't remember who told me that. He replied that he didn't know if it was him but he had one I sure could borrow it. On Thursday this week he delivered it when both us were gone. Parked it right beside the wood pile. I called that evening to thank him. We talked for a long time. He told me there was no hurry with the splitter as he didn't even have his wood cut. I told him to call me and I would help him cut the wood. Friday they were loading out calves at his son's place. I saw him when I drove by. I thought about stopping but they had plenty of help (too much according to his son the night before). The early hours of Saturday morning they took him by ambulance to Baker. About 7:00 they Life Flighted him to Boise. Before noon he was gone. They still don't know the cause.

We heard that, I didn't know him but Mike was on the Taylor Grazing committee with him. I know his mom and sisters.

Latest posts